This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What did I do wrong???

Hi! I'm kind of new to Javascript, so I got a the cascading menu code from bravenet.com. Everything was going fine until I tried to add another link to the menu. For some strange reason, it won't show up! I've looked at the code and I can't figure out the problem... Could someone PLEASE visit my site and look at the code to see what I did wrong?

It's supposed to say : Donkey Kong Jungle Beat under the first title "GameCube" (Link 5). For some reason Link 5 (Donkey Kong Jungle Beat) won't show. Plese tell me what I did wrong!!!!!!!

BTW, ingnore the first code (it belongs to Angelfire, the people that host my page).

Re: What did I do wrong???

The menu was actually working and displaying all of the entries, but because your first two entries were to long, the text was wrapping and pushing the text behind the other menu headers. The fix is to make the menu wider so that the entries do not wrap.

This is not necessarily a easy thing to do. It is not the best written code so you have to make changes in 7 places to make it work correctly. Below I will list the areas that need changing. You should be able to find these places in the HTML/CSS/JavaScript code. I commented out the original settings and highlighted the changes, so you can see the changes easier. Note that these changes also fix the menu to work with Netscape, as well as Internet Explorer.

First, in the CSS definitions:

Then in the variable definitions:

// var width = 152;
var width = 202;

This is in the Javascript and fixes Netscape.

// if (N) document.write(";width:150");
if (N) document.write(";width:200");

Finally, in your table definition:

Re: What did I do wrong???

Thank you very much for writing back! Everything seems to be working now!! Thank You!! :) Now I can go back to working on my page! Thanks!!!