This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: html and templates

Thnaks for you help but I am still having a big headache. I found the downloaded template on the file manager and was able to edit it somewhat. However The heading at the top still says your site name herae and the tabs on the side you can click on but i cant put in any text, I also cant figure out how to make new pages and link it to home page and last and most important I cant get it to upload from file manager to show on my webpage, my web page has an error message. But when i click on the view or edit button on the template it shows the correct address.

I have know idea what I'm doing but I'm trying to learn

Re: Re: Re: html and templates

The error message that I see tells me that you do not have a "index.html" file on your site. By default, when a visitor connects to your site, the server looks for a file named "index.html" or "index.htm". The file you want to be your home page, needs to be name this way. You can use the file manager to rename the file you want. Once you rename it, you may need to delete your Temporary Internet Files and force your browser to refresh. Otherwise your browser might still show you old data.

On many of the available templates, the headers and buttons are actually made from images. The problem is that Bravenet does not offer any image editing utilities. They intend for you to download them to your local hard drive and edit them with a graphic editor. The most common one for people to use is Photo Shop.

An option to buying graphic software is to do it on-line. There are several web sites that allow you to do some graphic editing on-line and then transfer it to your web site. One good place would be The GIFWorks. There you can, as long as you are very careful with the image sizes, create replacements for your templates images and button images. Another place is GRSites.com. On GRSites you can upload your button images and add text. Just make sure you adjust for the correct button image sizes. You can iterate all you want until you get it the way you want, and then you can generate a dozen new buttons in just a few minutes.

In mentioned it several times now, but it is very important that you pay attention to the image sizes. If you error on the image sizes it could throw the whole template out of whack.

Re: html and templates

I have before the same problem but I think you can only do something with downl. template when you work with file manager and ftp (NOT wizard-or I´m wrong )

You are correct, templates should only be managed from the File Manager. Templates can not be uploaded and used with the Website Wizards.

Hi. I downloaded a template and have had good success changing images, adding text etc. I am having trouble hyperlinking the buttons to other pages. I'm used to the individual buttons being enclosed by >td &

Can someone help me with an example with one of the buttons hyperlinked to another page? ie 2ndpage.html?
Thanks.

Sorry about the previous message. It seems my html example got messed up. Simply put, all my buttons are enclosed in a table (

Grrrrrr...