This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Images and pull down menus

Thanks to both Peter and Martin. This should get me going.

Re: Images and pull down menus

I do not have MAC OSX, but you might want to try a Google search using the string "MAC OSX image resizing". I didn't look around a lot, but there seems to be a lot of information and free programs. When you resize, make sure you keep the aspect ratio the same.

Once you have the images resised, and uploaded to your site, you use a tag to reference and display your image.

You can leave off the width and height specifications, if you just want it to display in full size.

As Peter mentioned, dropdown menus are usually managed with Javascript. Here is a link to a very nice and very well documented drop down menu program, Tigra Menu by Soft Complex. They have on line menu builders and even a help forum. Lots of nice features. There is a free version available but there are also enhanced pro versions for sale. Stick with the free version to start out with.

The drop down menu that I use on my site is called "AnyLink Drop Down Menu" and is from Dynamic Drive. It can also be modified to provide a informational popup as well. To see this, take a look at the Web Site Map, on my web site. Dynamic Drive has several different types of menus, but be careful because some are not cross browser compatible.