This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Re: arindam - webpage links are not working

You can't just post HTML on this forum without doctoring it up a bit. In fact, what you posted is preventing me from posting under the same thread. Sometimes the best way is to just give us a link to a test page and let us see for ourselves. But, it can be dug out of the posting. I'm going to make some assumptions here, so correct me if I get off base.

What you attempted to post appears to be form-mail page and an associated thank you page. The form-mail page contains about a dozen fields with a Submit and Reset button at the bottom. What you are attempting to do is, when the user clicks on the Submit you want the information to be sent and then transfer to a page named "thanks_for_registering_with_us.htm". This can be done, but not the way you are doing it.

Right now you have the Submit button wrapped in a anchor link. That is why you can see the URL when you a pointing at it. This isn't the normal way of doing this. To do the transfer properly, you need to remove the anchor link wrapper and add a hidden field with the name "thankyou". For example your Submit and Reset button area might look like the following:

I removed all the style info for clarity. Note that the "thankyou" value field, where it says [yourdomainname], must be a FULLY qualified URL. In your case that might be http://jobs4all.bravehost.com . Also note that the Submit and Reset buttons don't really need names.

There are a few other things that need fixing, but get the thank you page working first. Then fix the rest of the things.

THANK YOU SUBMISSION PAGE NOT POPPING UP

I read your below reply and that didn't work for me.

I created an email form on my website. I went in to fill it out myself and I receive the submission in my email fine. However, after I filled out the form, and clicked submit, the page just stayed on that form that I filled out. How do I get the page to auto direct to the thank you URL? I have another email form on a different page of my website and this one goes to the thank you URL just fine. How come this one does not work?