This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
no right click

Just wondering if anyone knows the code for "no right click" I can add to a website. I have learned someone is building a new website for a county fair that I built the site for and I would like to make it so they cant get the photos from my site. Tanks Andy

Re: no right click

You are mistaken if you believe a no right click code can prevent anyone from copying your pictures. In the situation you describes, I doubt anyone would bother with such a slow method at all (requiring one to copy one image at a time). Just check your options under File-Save As in your browser.

Question: What does a no right click script do?

Answer:

1. Annoy visiturs who use the context menu for navigation and other legitimate purposes so that they leave your site never to return.

2. Encourage some people to steal your images just to show that they know how to bypass is useless script.

The only two ways to protect an image on the web at all:
1. Place a watermark identifying your name or the site name across the image, or
2. Place the image into a PDF file with security turned on to stop the content of the file being extracted.

The only way that I know of that has any effect on people attempting to steal images by right clicking on them is to place a transparent image in front of the one to be protected. That way they steal the transparent image instead but may not notice this until later when they may decide that it is not worth the bother of returning to your site to use one of the dozen or so other ways to take your image without right clicking. I have a script generator to create the code for placing a transparent image in front at the above address.

regards,
Stephen Chapman

Ask Felgall for Computer Help
Focus on Javascript

Wrong Approach.

First: are these images your property, or is it possible you gave away all rights with the first web site you created?

Second: if the answer is no, the images are not your property, then relax and do nothing.

Third: 'suspecting' does you no good. If you find that your images show up on a county fair web site (presumably created for an entity with a reputation to protect), then you write a polite letter advising them that the images are your copyrighted property, that you have not given consent for their re-use, and that they can either be licensed for a fee for re-use or they must be removed. Don't write to their "webmaster", write to the head honcho in the county.

There is a code for no right click
it just only works on users who dont know Anything about HTML and people who are very useless with computers.

Andy, I'm not going to get into a debate on whether no-right click is the right thing to do or not as this could go on forever and everyone has their on opinion, and with that being said , this one is on me........ paste this in your tag right before your tag , you can replace the text "Warning this website is protected by copyright laws" with whatever you want.

But remember the other replies are correct in saying if someone wants to view your source code they will still be able to without having any problem.

hope this helps........Mike

sorry about that
I can't paste the code in this forum

andy , email me at computersnmotion@yahoo.com and I'll send you the code you need.

mike

COPY and PASTE this somewhere in your page..
The code is:

Let me know if it is a good help 4 no right click.
Thanks!!

COPY and PASTE this somewhere in your page..
The code is:

Where is my code no right click
If somebody need it just email me here

ogmc@hotmail.com

how do u take them when the right click thig is disabeled ?

If the only thing preventing you from copying a image is a little Javascript, disable it. There are several other methods that are just as easy.