This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How do you put a forum on your web site?

How do you put a forum on your web page using basic windows notepad html.

Browser: JungleLemur132,2

Re: How do you put a forum on your web site?

Are you talking about a bravenet forum, or about writing the code for one from scratch? In the latter case, I think you to study more than can be fitted into one of those messages.

Re: Re: How do you put a forum on your web site?

I just want a forum where users can log in and where i can make some subjects such as support,it will go to a bunch of posts where people have posted messages and people can reply.

Re: Re: Re: How do you put a forum on your web site?

i forgot to add this but i think a bravenet forum is what i need but, i'm not sure if it will go into a windows notepad document.

Re: Re: Re: Re: How do you put a forum on your web site?

If you want to edit your html code as text then you can use Notepad with XP or Win2K. If you have an earlier release you may need to use Wordpad for larger pages and remember to save as text.

Bravenet provide the forum on their own server, you do not have access to the forum code, you tailor your forum using a GUI provided by Bravenet. Bravenet will give you the html required to link to the forum, and you put that on your page. That is all you need to do with the Bravenet service.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How do you put a forum on your web site?

so how do u get a forum on there, i have another website but i cant figure out how to URL or use the one bravehost provides?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How do you put a forum on your web site?

Open the source code of your page in a text editor and paste the code provided by Bravenet. Save and upload