This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Html/Java>?

Are you able to help?
I'm using the guest map on my home page.
When the home page opens I want the guest map to open aswell into a table on the page.

Have you got a code to do this?

BR
Nick

Re: Html/Java>?

Deciding whether to use a table or a java script for a menu system is a matter of how you want your page to look and operate when it is complete. Though many of the java-based menus are nice to look at and use the exporer-style laddering for sub-directories, they can also be a pain to implement if you are not familiar with the use of ".class" and/or ".js" files. Another consideration is that if you do not write your own java, then you should also include a link on the page which credits the author of the code.

Using a table as a menu system, however, is pretty straightforward, with the titles in the table elements being links to the individual pages. This method can also be used for picture, sound, and text galleries, if you wish. Some advantages to using a table are that the formatting is much simpler, and you don't have to credit an outside author for the work.

Note that I have substituted {} braces for the arrows in the example below (to get around translation problems in the forum), and if you use the code, you will have to change them back in your editor.

Example of table:

{table border="1" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="5" height="15%" width="40%" bordercolorlight="#c0c0c0" bordercolordark="#6e6e6e"}

{tr}
{td}{center}Articles{/center}{/td}
{td}{center}Games{/center}{/td}
{td}{center}Downloads{/center}{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{center}Music{/center}{/td}
{td}{center}Freebies{/center}{/td}
{td}{center}Email Me!{/center}{/td}
{/tr}
{/table}

As you can see, the table border size, overall height, width, color/bordercolor, and spacing can all be set in the {table} call, in addition to many other features which will not be adressed here.

If you want to make the table occupy a particular area of the page, you can set that with the DIV command, as follows:

{div style="position:absolute;left:100;top:65;"}
(table goes here)
{/div}

Text attributes such as colors, fonts, and boldness may be added into the table cells, or - if they are all to be the same - can be entered in the DIV statement instead, as follows:

{div style="font-family:arial;font-size:10px;font-style:bold;font-color:#336699;position:absolute;left:100;top:65;"}

(table goes here)

{/div}

Feel free to email me if this does not help enough!

Browser: Yahoo - cayces_shadow