This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pro service, Telnet? How can I set up a password to restrict viewers?

I would like to add a password to my site to give me piece of mind (since I have pictures of my baby on the site). i read how to do it if your host has Telnet, but I can't find if bravenet does (I have the pro service).

Any other advice is appreciated!
Thanks!
Ro

Re: Pro service, Telnet? How can I set up a password to restrict viewers?

Not that I know, but you can use the Password gate. Not as secure, but enough to make it very hard to reach pages you don't want people to see without logging in.

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I would like to add a password to my site to give me piece of mind (since I have pictures of my baby on the site). i read how to do it if your host has Telnet, but I can't find if bravenet does (I have the pro service).

Any other advice is appreciated!
Thanks!
Ro

Re: Pro service, Telnet? How can I set up a password to restrict viewers?

No, bravenet does not provide telnet. Use an htaccess file to restrict access. Lots of info about it at Google.

Re: Re: Pro service, Telnet? How can I set up a password to restrict viewers?

OK, that is what i want to use to password protect my site, but I can't quite figure it out. First I guess I need to find out if Bravenet even allows htaccess protected sites?

I am looking on google for some more info, if anyone has a good recommendation on where I should look, I would appreciate it!

thanks!
Ro