This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bravent's CSS Templates and Firefox

If you're using Firefox as a broweser, can you check out my site and tell me if it looks okay?

I just installed it (Firefox) and the CSS layout that I'm using from Bravenet is kinda wonky. My right-side nav-bar appears half-way down the page, when it should appear near the top like the left-hand bar.

Do any other Firefox users have this problem? If not, can you either post here or email me with a possible solution?

This is kind of disconserting.

Thanks in advance!

Browser: WraithLead3,2

Re: Bravent's CSS Templates and Firefox

Well, yes in Firefox too. I normally use Opera, and the placement of the sidebars are the same. But in Opera, your page does not have to be scrolled sideways the way it needs in Firefox. Netscape (old version) neatly solves the problem by putting both sidebars in the middle of the page.

But wasn't this the kind of challenge you were looking for when you decided to make everything as complicated as possible?

Re: Re: Bravent's CSS Templates and Firefox

I'm one of the idiots that never builds in Netscape and prefers MSIE. In MSIE the page looks fine.

Now that I've had it with MSIE (a totally unrelated story, that), I DL'd Firefox. That's when I noticed that my page was messed in Firefox :p

Now, seeing as how I'm new to FireFox, any suggestions on how I can make it FireFox-friendly while keeping the layout relativly the same?

Re: Re: Re: Bravent's CSS Templates and Firefox

Could you download a copy of the original template? That doesn't contain any Javascripts, and it would be easy if you could show the original so we could compare and try to figure out which change did what.

Don't ever code for MSIE. That means coding for rendering bugs and incomplete support for standards. It's better to code for a standards-based browser, and correct things for IE.

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I'm one of the idiots that never builds in Netscape and prefers MSIE. In MSIE the page looks fine.

Now that I've had it with MSIE (a totally unrelated story, that), I DL'd Firefox. That's when I noticed that my page was messed in Firefox

Now, seeing as how I'm new to FireFox, any suggestions on how I can make it FireFox-friendly while keeping the layout relativly the same?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bravent's CSS Templates and Firefox

Sure, I can do that. I'll post here when I do though, since I'm off to work and the earliest I'll be able to get to it will be tomorrow late afternoon.

Thanks, Jim :)

Nic
-the one who knows not to code for MSIE but does so anyway cause she's too lazy to DL Netscape.