This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
password gate

peter, i've put on the codes as you said but i'm geeting "page not found 404 "message.
????
john

Browser: jjw_260@hotmail.com

Re: password gate

That means you have entered the URL (web address) of the destination/target page incorrectly. Make sure you are adding the right addresses in your User Account area.

Re: Re: password gate

thanks morgan, i dont know how to do it i'm just guessing, i havn't a clue, help! i need to know how it's done, step by step, what bits to click,paste etc i know nothing about this !
yours,
john

Re: Re: Re: password gate

I told you that you need to fill in a part of your chat box code, if you want to end up at your chat box. The blue part, remember? See that post.

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

thanks morgan, i dont know how to do it i'm just guessing, i havn't a clue, help! i need to know how it's done, step by step, what bits to click,paste etc i know nothing about this !
yours,
john

Re: Re: Re: Re: password gate

JIM,
I TRIED WHAT YOU SAID , BUT I DONT KNOW HERE TO FIND THE CODE , CANT LOCATE THE JAVA THINGY, MY TOTAL EXPERIENCE ON PC'S IS LIMITED TO OPENING E-MAILS ETC, BUT FOR YOUR HELP I NEVER WOULD HAVE GOT THIS FAR!
BEAR WITH ME THE PENNY WILL DROP EVENTUALLY, UNTIL THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO WALK ME THROUGH IT SLOWLY WITH EXACT INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE DONT ASSUME I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CODE'S ETC, I DONT, ABSOLUTELY ZERO, I'M ONLY DOING THIS BECAUSE THE YOUNG PLAYERS IN THE TEAM ASKED FOR IT, THIS IS REALLY DIFFICULT FOR ME AND MORE SO FOR YOU TRYING TO HELP SOMEONE WHO HAS NOT A CLUE !
JOHN

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: password gate

For your information: writing in ALL CAPS is like shouting and many people find that rude - but I guess that's one of those unwritten rules of the internet you weren't aware of.

When you subscribed for the Chat service you have recieved a mail containing some HTML code. If you haven't got that mail anymore, you can log in into www.bravenet.com and click your "Live Chat" link, where you'll see "Copy/Paste Code": you can find the same HTML code there.

The first lines look like this:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: password gate

Jim,
i have to apologise to you as i did not know that writing in all caps was rude, it just happened that the caps lock was on and i did not think that this would matter, well it obviously did and again i apologise, i did not mean to upset you or anyone involved with this or any other help forum, i will have another go at the information you have provided and hopefully i'll get it right , thanks again for your help and anyone else who advised me.
gratefully yours,
John

Caps lock

Never mind, it takes a lot more to upset me, and I guess most of the regulars here are not easily offended by caps either
As I said, it's one of those unwritten rules you learn because someone explains it to you, not because you read it somewhere - or because you receive a "code of conduct" or so. I just wanted to warn you since in some places people might "bite" at you for writing in all caps.
Good luck with the Chat/Gate combination.

Jim

Re: Caps lock

thanks Jim i dont want to upset anyone.
John

Re: Re: Caps lock

thanks to jim & all who helped me, the password gate is up and running, cheers guys !!

john