This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PRO Templates...HELP!!!

Help! Has anyone used the PRO templates at all? I signed up for Bravenet to host my site, downloaded a great template, and now cannot edit any pictures (jpeg) such as the header that says...welcome to your new web site...the template is index427.html. I tried editing the jpeg with photoshop, no luck, although Im new to photoshop! Any info or tips would be GREAT! Im using Front Page to edit. The free templates are pretty boring, but they can be edited since there are basically no graphics. Thanks!

Re: PRO Templates...HELP!!!

You need to edit any image with your graphics program. You said 'no luck'.. what does that mean? You couldnt open the image? You couldnt save the image? What exactly is the real problem?

Re: Re: PRO Templates...HELP!!!

Thanks for the reply Morgan. I tried to edit with Photoshop and could not get layers to define, it seems the entire graphic is one layer. The image is a jpeg and it doesnt seem that you can edit the words. This is the code...

Can that be edited within Photoshop?
Bravenet support said they offer no support on the templates, some service!

Re: Re: Re: PRO Templates...HELP!!!

No they don't provide support for templates... nobody does... they are basic webpages, dont need support for that. You can search google for thousands of help sites related to HTML or Photoshop.

Only .psd files have layers. JPG and GIF files are all flattened and layerless. Which template are you looking at specifically?

Re: Re: Re: Re: PRO Templates...HELP!!! Part 2

Why are you looking at the sample jpg that came with the template? In your Template gallery, select the Download Blank Images option and add your text to them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PRO Templates...HELP!!! Part 2

Morgan, I figured that out finally. Kinda new to the whole designing thing! Thanks for the input.