This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

No matter how hard I try, i can't use the free fonts on my website. Can someone please help me.

Re: PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

What exactly are you trying to do with the fonts. Fonts are a computer component, not a website component. You download them, install them in the C:windowsfonts folder.

You can use the font tag:
blah blah
in your pages but only people with that particular font installed on their machine will see it.

Re: Re: PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

,if you load the font in question to where ever it is ur hosting your website they should appear as that font if you type in the name and directory right

Browser: geezus_666@hotmail.com,3

Re: Re: Re: PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Th best way to offer fonts for download from your site is to put them into zip files and upload that. You then link to the zip file from your web page and people click the link to download the file which they can then unzip to install the font.

If you upload the font files directly and offer links to that from your page then some browsers may not recognise the font file properly as being intended to be dowenloaded and may try to display the content of the file instead.

Also some web hosts don't allow font files to be uploaded.

If you are trying to use fonts that you upload in your web page then you need to convert them to a special format first. In fact you need two special formats for the same font file because Internet Explorer and Netscape use a different font serving format for embedding fonts into web pages plus other browsers don't allow font embedding at all.

There is a more complete description of how to use fonts on web pages on my page (link above). There are also links there to the sites where you can buy the font creation software for IE and Netscape.

regards,
Stephen Chapman

Ask Felgall for Computer Help

Re: PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

i nedd help wot putin codez in my journal like i want a diff backround helpppp