This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
how do you make images move?

how do you make images move acrossthe screen?
i think it uses the VSPACE and HSPCACE cammands but i can't figure out how the variable you assign it to can change without makeing the entire page get messed up,

Re: how do you make images move?

vspace and hspace just indicate how much space a browser should leave between an image and whatever comes next or above/below it.

What is it you're trying to do? Something like this?

Jim

Re: Re: how do you make images move?

yes, except without the following mouse part, basicly what i'm trying to do is make a image move downward then reappear at the top of the screen. I can do the code withuot much difficulty, well the variable part anyway, i just need a way to draw an image (in javascript, which that one Jim pointed did use) but i had difficulty finding the speficic cammand that draws the image, this is probobly a really simple cammand. one question though, does it use objects? i've seen them refrenced but i'm new to javascript,

Re: Re: Re: how do you make images move?

Unfortunately, life is nowhere near that simple. Presumably you want the image to be visible AND scroll down the whole of the page - except that the length of the page is dependent on the amount of content (and possibly the screen width of the viewer's computer).

Notice how in the example Jim posted, the fly disappears for quite some time if you scroll down the page (it is flitting around where you can't see it and meandering towards the mouse).

A reasonable compromise between some excrutiatingly complex javascript - which may not work with all browsers (or may not yet have been written!) - would be to look as some of the vertical scrolling boxes you can find at dynamic-drive.com that accept images, i.e. accept html, and use something like that.

There is no really simple command to do what you want.

Re: Re: Re: Re: how do you make images move?

well what i'm trying to do is to make it move down, i know i already said that, but the page cant scroll, theres not enough content, though on some screen resolutions i suppose that would be a problem.
how about just a cammand that allows you to draw an image to the screen at a spefice cordinate?