This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Help

If you take a look at my homepage, there is a big gap between the number of visitors to the site and the text below.

There is also a big gap between the above and the welcome message, how do I get rid of the large gaps?

At the bottom of the page where I give my contact details and the copyright disclaimer there is a gap the size of the Grand Canyon. :)

How do I correct this? Be aware, you are talk to an HTML idiot. So idiots guide appreciated.

Re: Grand Canyon

Let's start with the Grand Canyon, that's the easy bit:

Look for the following:

Change that to:

The Height is that of a block of your site. That block contains your menu, your title, and your text. The footer comes after that block, so your height-code just pushed it down.

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

If you take a look at my homepage, there is a big gap between the number of visitors to the site and the text below.

There is also a big gap between the above and the welcome message, how do I get rid of the large gaps?

At the bottom of the page where I give my contact details and the copyright disclaimer there is a gap the size of the Grand Canyon.

How do I correct this? Be aware, you are talk to an HTML idiot. So idiots guide appreciated.

Re: Big Gaps

There's a little more work for the other things.. It has to do with the counter code which is "outside" your "page wrapper block", and where an extra line break is added. Stay tuned

First the line break:
Right after the tag at the end of the counter code, there is the following:

That adds a line break. Nothing wrong with that, but the counter code has its own line break: that double line break caused the gap between the counter and the "Visitors to this..." line.

Then the other gap. Look for the following:

(if you see "Height:..." in this you have to read my other post, titled Grand Canyon, first ).
Move that tag to above your counter. So it should come somewhere after , and before

That should bring everything a lot closer to each other.

Jim

Re: Re: Grand Canyon

JimBb,

You are a genius, thanks for the reply written by a genius for an idiot. Really, really appreciated.

John

Re: Help

John,

The command either side of the text produces a subscript which will bring the text closer at the top. You will have to increase the text size, as it makes the text smaller.

I don't get a grand canyon when I read your site.

Maybe you've already fixed it.

You're welcome :-)

Idiots are the ones that don't ask, and blame Bravenet. Or society. Or their cat. Or whatever.

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

JimBb,

You are a genius, thanks for the reply written by a genius for an idiot. Really, really appreciated.

John