This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
how to use the special "free fonts"??

hi,

i want to use one (or more) of the "free fonts" that are available for the bravejournal program.

i did what it said; download the zip file for the font i want, put the font in my "font's folder" (c:winntfonts)...

but when i go to "fonts" in my "edit displayed text" section the new font is not listed. do i have to upload the font? if so, where do i upload it to?

thanks,
daryl

Browser: DarylDarko,2

Re: how to use the special "free fonts"??

Nowhere. Fonts are to be used only on the PC they are installed in. You cannot force the installation of a font on someone else's PC - and besides, they wouldn't appreciate it.

That's why the "Rich Text" editor allows you to use only a limited set of fonts: those fonts are most likely installed on 95% of your visitor's computers. If you would use a font they don't have, it would show as Times or Arial or Courier, depending on how their browser is configured.

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

hi,

i want to use one (or more) of the "free fonts" that are available for the bravejournal program.

i did what it said; download the zip file for the font i want, put the font in my "font's folder" (c:winntfonts)...

but when i go to "fonts" in my "edit displayed text" section the new font is not listed. do i have to upload the font? if so, where do i upload it to?

thanks,
daryl

Re: Re: how to use the special "free fonts"??

so why are there "free fonts" offered to download?

i understand what you are saying about not being able to "force fonts" onto people's pc's.

it just sounded like you could use the "free fonts" on your website...

thx,
daryl

(especially for your quick response!)

Re: Re: Re: how to use the special "free fonts"??

The free fonts are available so that you can download the ones you like to your computer for use in any non-web related task. eg. One of the free fonts is probably just what someone is looking for to jazz up that word processing assignment that they are doing.

regards,
Stephen Chapman

Ask Felgall for Computer Help

Re: how to use the special "free fonts"??

http://resources.bravenet.com/free_fonts/

this is where i found thi info...

Re: Re: how to use the special "free fonts"??

What you can do is make an image that you can use as a title. Look at the "Members helping Members" logo in the upper left, that's not text, that's an image, including the "back to the help center" bit.
It gives you the freedom to use (here and there) the font you like, but still you're sure that for ordinary text everyone will see it as you intended, with "ordinary" fonts.

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

http://resources.bravenet.com/free_fonts/

this is where i found thi info...