This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Need help with where to put Drop Down Menu Code

I copied the code for the drop down menu 1 but need some help with where to put it. I'm using Frontpage to build my site.

I have a Banner at the top, and Tables underneath where I will put the information. I want the menu to be between the banner and the rest of the information.

To start I created a 1x1 table where I wanted the menu to be.

First I tried pating all of the code into the head of the document, and then moving the part where it said to put in the body into the table where I wanted the menu to appear. A blue stripe appeared in the table where I wanted it but when I went to preview it an error window popped up and said that there was an error running the script. I said to continue running it anyway but the actual menu didn't appear anywhere.

So then I tried pasting the entire code into the table in the body where I want the menu. In normal view the blue stripe was there but no menu, and in preview mode the blue stripe was still in the table but the actual menu was above the banner.

Any Suggestions?
I'm not exactly sure what that "STEP TWO: Insert the onload code event handler into your BODY tag" means. Is that something important?

If somebody wants me to upload the page without the menu to get a picture of what I'm trying to do, My AIM is on 24 hours a day and I check my e-mail regularily too. Thanks

Allison

Browser: Zoekan1,2

Re: Clarifaication and Question about scroll text as well, Read this instead of above.

I uploaded the index to make it easier to explain what I want.

First, I'm still don't know where to put the drop down menu script in. I want the menu to appear in the table between the banner and the Line Labeled "Title".

First I tried pasting all of the script into in the HEAD of the code. A blue stripe appeared above the banner, the menu didn't show up anywhere, and an eror box popped up saying something about menu=0 is null or not an object, or something like that.

Then I tried pasting all of the script into the HEAD of the code and moving the scpirt under Step Two and Step Three into the table where I want the menu to show up. This time the Blue line was in the table where it should have been, but there was still no menu and I got the same error message.

Next I tried pasting all of the script into the HEAD tag, moving the stuff uder Step Two into the table where the menu should be, and moving the Step Three stuff just above the "/body" tag. No blue line or menu but I still got the same error message.

After that I tried pasting all of the script under the HEAD tag, Moving the Step Three stuff into the table, and putting the Step Two stuff just above the "/body" tag. Still No menu, and same error message, but a blue line in the table where it should be.

Pasting all of the Script into the table produced the same results as the previous attempt.

I'm out of ideas so if anyone has any suggestions I'd be glad to try them. If it would help I could paste the code and upload it in one of the configuartions that didn't work.

Secondly, about the scroll thing. I pasted the scrpit, got it into more or less where I want it (would prefer it on the right side of the green banner), and managed to change the color and text, but on the webpage it displays that ad over it. I don't really mind the ads, but aren't they supposed to be above the page, and not in it? Is there a way to fix that?

If I can clarify things further my AIM is on 24 hours a day and I check my e-mail regulariy too.

Thanks
Allison

Browser: Zoekan1,2

Re: Menu

It's all in the script:
-the first part goes into your HEAD section.
-The second part is really an extension of your exsting tag:

-the third part, and here's the tricky bit, has to be the first line in your Body section. The menu has to be at the top of your page.

Now if this doesn't suit your layout you ave to look for another menu. Try the Utimate Dropdown Menu from Brothercake, that allows for more flexibility than the menu youre trying to use.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

First, I'm still don't know where to put the drop down menu script in. I want the menu to appear in the table between the banner and the Line Labeled "Title".

First I tried pasting all of the script into in the HEAD of the code. A blue stripe appeared above the banner, the menu didn't show up anywhere, and an eror box popped up saying something about menu=0 is null or not an object, or something like that.

Then I tried pasting all of the script into the HEAD of the code and moving the scpirt under Step Two and Step Three into the table where I want the menu to show up. This time the Blue line was in the table where it should have been, but there was still no menu and I got the same error message.

Next I tried pasting all of the script into the HEAD tag, moving the stuff uder Step Two into the table where the menu should be, and moving the Step Three stuff just above the "/body" tag. No blue line or menu but I still got the same error message.

After that I tried pasting all of the script under the HEAD tag, Moving the Step Three stuff into the table, and putting the Step Two stuff just above the "/body" tag. Still No menu, and same error message, but a blue line in the table where it should be.

Pasting all of the Script into the table produced the same results as the previous attempt.

I'm out of ideas so if anyone has any suggestions I'd be glad to try them. If it would help I could paste the code and upload it in one of the configuartions that didn't work.

Secondly, about the scroll thing. I pasted the scrpit, got it into more or less where I want it (would prefer it on the right side of the green banner), and managed to change the color and text, but on the webpage it displays that ad over it. I don't really mind the ads, but aren't they supposed to be above the page, and not in it? Is there a way to fix that?

If I can clarify things further my AIM is on 24 hours a day and I check my e-mail regulariy too.

Thanks
Allison

Re: Scroll text

You get one ad per tag. Your page has more than one tag, so you get more than one ad.

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thanks
Allison