This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Drop down menu help please??

Hello. I downloaded one of bravenet's drop down menus. When I modify it and put it up on a blank page it works fine (see www.toddmenza.com/navbar1_dropdown.html ). When I use the same code and put it in my index page the text, nor the drop down boxes appear (see www.toddmenza.com/navbarsucks.html ). Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you kindly.

Browser: aznemddot,4

Re: Drop down menu help please??

Did you copy and paste the good one. You probably just deleted or excluded a crusial part of the code. If the good one can be pasted and it works that is most likely what happened.

Browser: ,4

Re: Drop down menu help please??

I can only repeat what I said earlier: fix your tables.

BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF"
TEXT="#000000"
LINK="0000FF"
VLINK="990099"

alt="go home ball! don't you like your home?" border="0">
navbar...navbar...site currently under construction

.../...

Hello and welcome.

-The body tag has no >
-There's no opening table tag, there's no TR tag, it starts with a TD
-Your image still points to your C-drive, which will not work.
-There's no closing table tag.
-There's a closing H1 tag, but no opening one.

This sounds as if I'm picky, but you should know that if your HTML is "illegal" a browser will guess what you're trying to do, and different browsers guess in different ways. Older browsers may even not show your site, or parts of it. Further, since the dropdown menu depends on a table, getting that table right is pretty important for it to function.

Jim

Re: Re: Drop down menu help please??

Hi, I did make those changes, just didn't upload them.

Here is the code below. I can't seem to figure out what the problem is?!?

Welcome to ToddMenza.com -- A Menza family fun site (and so much more!)

BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF"
TEXT="#000000"
LINK="0000FF"
VLINK="990099"
>

alt="go home ball! don't you like your home?" border="0">

Re: Re: Re: Drop down menu help please??

If you have incorrect code on line, how do you expect us to give advice? We can only base ourselves on what we see, can't we?
And about the code below, could you show me the opening tag for the table? It is not there.

Jim

Think I got down to it

The table for the menu should be on top (before your image, the one that points to your C-drive). There's also a /tr/table somewhere that is there for no reason. But that's not all: the dynamicdrive script seems to prevent that the menu apears. Thake that translucent thing out, and the menu functions then.

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

If you have incorrect code on line, how do you expect us to give advice? We can only base ourselves on what we see, can't we?
And about the code below, could you show me the opening tag for the table? It is not there.

Jim

Re: Think I got down to it

The dynamic drive script runs the news scroller. There are no tr/table scripts unaccounted for. If you seem something I missed please specify where.
Thanks.

Re: Re: Think I got down to it

I know the Dynamicdrive script is the news scroller. I said it won't work when that script is there.
jim-on-the-web.bravepages.com/test/toddmenzawithoutscroller.html
jim-on-the-web.bravepages.com/test/toddmenza.html.

Try Right-click|View Code. In Notepad: File|Save As.

Jim