This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Anti-spider e mail code?

I read somewhere that there is an html code that you can include where you have your e mail address on a website. This code prevents spiders harvesting your e mail address and using it to send you spam. Does anyone have the details of this code, or did I imagine it?

Re: Anti-spider e mail code?

nice i think you mean mailto:boing@boing.com

there isn't a anti spam code

your mail must have a spam filter ok?

I really wanted to help you

ı wish some one will help you

Browser: inter_cem@msn.com,3

Re: Re: Anti-spider e mail code?

Used to be if you used codes for some parts of the email address then the spam spiders couldn't see them but the latest spam spiders are able to decode those too.

The safest way is to use a contact form where your email address is supplied by the form handler instead of placing the email address on your page. If you sign up for the email form processor then you can create a contact form that visitors can use to send you emails without your address appearing on the page. If you have access to load a form handling script onto your own site then you can set it up so that the destination address is passed to the form in parts to allow emails to be sent to multiple destinations.

More info on further alternatives (some more effective than others) on my page linked above.

regards,
Stephen Chapman

Ask Felgall for Computer Help

Re: Re: Re: Anti-spider e mail code?

Thanks for the tips Stephen, very helpful. Your website is a mine of useful info too.