This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Cascading Menu Change

I am currently using the cascading menu in my website. I love the fact that it stays nice and neat until you need it. I however, do have one problem. When you have all or most the menu's open, it covers my text. Now if there was not chance of the menu growing; it would be no problem. This not the case. I plan to add more options to the cascading menu. Now for what I want to do with it. What do I need to add/change in the script to make it so if you open one menu, then open another; the first one auto-closes. Can anyone help me with this.

Re: Cascading Menu Change

Great question I am waiting for the same answer.

I just want to know what code snippet has to be added to the existing code to make one menu close when the other is open.

This is the raw code If someone could highlight where and what to add to this code it would be great...:

Cascading Menu

Great question I am waiting for the same answer.

I just want to know what code snippet has to be added to the existing code to make one menu close when the other is open.

This is the raw code If someone could highlight where and what to add to this code it would be great...:

Cascading Menu

Whoops... That didn't work. Here is the link:

Hope this shows up...

http://resources.bravenet.com/scripts_archive/javascript_dhtml/menus/cascading_menu/

You info is there to be seen. All we have to do is "right click" and look at the Source code...

I can't answer your question but someone else will I am sure.

Anna

What do you mean "the info is there to be seen"? I know how to look at a source code. It's getting the menu to close when one of the other main headings is clicked. The way it stands now if you open all the menus it takes up the whole page if you have 9 or 10 main headings with multiple links in each one...

What Anna means is that, very often the code is in the posting, even if you can't see it directly. Using your right mouse button to view the source code of the post, sometimes reveals the code. However, in this case you were trying to post Javascript, which is usually stripped out, unless you know how to post it properly.

It would take a bit of work for someone to work out the modifications you want. I can do it, but I really don't have the time. I've looked at that menu in the past, and decided that it wasn't a very good idea, at least for me. I instead decided to use a popup/dropdown menu. I used it for several different situations, so I modified it a bunch to display the way I wanted it to. You can see the results on my site. The selections on the left are connected to the menu. The popup overlays the web page, but only as long as your cursor is over the selections. I use a reworked version of it on my "Site Map" page for information popups. The menu is sharred by all my pages so I only have to change one file to expand the menu.

The original comes from Dynamic Drive. If your interested I can look up the exact URL or you can just go to "dynamicdrive.com" and look around yourself.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I really like the menu from:

http://resources.bravenet.com/scripts_archive/javascript_dhtml/menus/cascading_menu/

And would really like to use that one.

If there is anyone out there that can help me and has the time to show me how to change the code to make the menu close when another is clicked I would appreciate it.

Tony

Noone can help on this I guess. Were are all those codeing guys when you need them.... lol