This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Email Forms Question 2, Actually 2 Questions

My question was addressed and answered by a previous post, but I am having some issues with it... and that is I inserted the code:

I attempted to fill out the questionnaire and I got an error... which said that I wasn't logged in... why would someone need to be logged in in order to submit my questionnaire?

Now maybe I should ask this question:

Where in the form do you place the above html code? This is where and how I placed it.. Did I not do it correctly?

Now on to my second question:

My questionnaire has a variety of options: check boxes, radio thingamajigs, dropdowns, and text areas... everything works except the text area options... does bravenet not like this? If that's not the problem, could someone look at the source code for me? it's located here:
http://keluk.topcities.com/questionnaire.com

thanks,

Email Forms: re: text areas????

okay, I just tested the questionnaire again... it did accept it this time.. and it did cc the person I wanted it to go to. BUT I am still having the issue of the text area fill in...

Upon completing the form and submitting it, you get the bravenet pop up with the answers you supply to the questions, and the text that i fill out in the text area was there, then press continue... well, when I received the answers... I didn't see the answers that were fill out in the text area... what is wrong?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

My question was addressed and answered by a previous post, but I am having some issues with it... and that is I inserted the code:

I attempted to fill out the questionnaire and I got an error... which said that I wasn't logged in... why would someone need to be logged in in order to submit my questionnaire?

Now maybe I should ask this question:

Where in the form do you place the above html code? This is where and how I placed it.. Did I not do it correctly?

Now on to my second question:

My questionnaire has a variety of options: check boxes, radio thingamajigs, dropdowns, and text areas... everything works except the text area options... does bravenet not like this? If that's not the problem, could someone look at the source code for me? it's located here:
http://keluk.topcities.com/questionnaire.com

thanks,

Re: Email Forms: re: text areas????

Best guess is that the NAMEs of your textarea variables are just too long (even though they are 'perfect' in the sense they have no weird characters or spaces) for the Bravenet form handler. Give that a try to see if it works.

Re: Re: Email Forms: re: text areas????

thanks I'll try that...

Replying to:

Best guess is that the NAMEs of your textarea variables are just too long (even though they are 'perfect' in the sense they have no weird characters or spaces) for the Bravenet form handler. Give that a try to see if it works.

Re: Re: Re: Email Forms: re: text areas????

okay, I still don't get this... why do I have to be logged into bravenet to use the questionnaire form on my site... will everyone else have to be logged in? this makes no sense to me!

Okay, I tried to submit the questionnair again just now... I am still getting the same error!

The system has failed to log you in.

"Please verify your username and password and try your login again. If you can not remember your username and/or password, try our Lost Password utility to try and retrieve them.

Please Try Logging in Again .... click here.
For additional assistance, visit our Help Center."

I have shortened what was supposed to be shortened, and now I can't tell if the darn thing was successful! this is really getting annoying... Can anyone help me to figure this out? I really need to get this done! I have a deadline and it's fast approaching!

sally

Replying to:

thanks I'll try that...

Replying to:

It works for me.

Just for the record, the form url is http://keluk.topcities.com/questionnaire.htm, not ... questionnaire.com

I went to the form, merely added a test comment and hit the submit button. Several pop-ups later, I saw the Bravenet confirmation request page (not a BN log in page). Pressed OK at the bottom of that page and was taken to your 'thank you' page.

It all works as expected, as far as I can see.

Re: It works for me.

Hi Andy:

Thanks for the correction to the URL...
this is really weird... how many times did you submit the form? because I got 4 copies of the form...

the other thing is that you didn't fill any of the text area fields, so I can't tell if the form is working properly... there are over 60 fields that can be filled or selected... I don't know if Bravenet has a limited to the number of fields that it will allow for questionnaires...

sally

Replying to:

Just for the record, the form url is http://keluk.topcities.com/questionnaire.htm, not ... questionnaire.com

I went to the form, merely added a test comment and hit the submit button. Several pop-ups later, I saw the Bravenet confirmation request page (not a BN log in page). Pressed OK at the bottom of that page and was taken to your 'thank you' page.

It all works as expected, as far as I can see.

Re: Re: It works for me.

I didn't bother filling in all the fields because - er, I was busy doing other stuff. You should be able to test all the inputs for yourself to make sure they work.

I'm pretty sure that I did a quick check this afternoon (while I was supposed to be working), and I did a quick check a few minutes ago (while I was supposed to be working on some other masterpiece

You get TWO copies each time because you have one that goes to the email address you used when you registered that account with Bravenet, and one goes to the @idirect.com carboncopy address you have in the form.

And 60 fields might be pushing your luck. Once upon a time all email forms allowed about 100; I think that BN free email forms are limited to a much smaller number.

If you are testing and run into a complete flameout with BN's form handler, you'll know you have too many form inputs and you'll need to cut down a bit. Those text areas will gobble up some of the allocation on a free emailform account - as far as I can recall.

hth

Re: Re: Re: It works for me.

Hi...

they're still not working I guess I'll have to find an alternative... thanks anyway...

Replying to:

I didn't bother filling in all the fields because - er, I was busy doing other stuff. You should be able to test all the inputs for yourself to make sure they work.

I'm pretty sure that I did a quick check this afternoon (while I was supposed to be working), and I did a quick check a few minutes ago (while I was supposed to be working on some other masterpiece

You get TWO copies each time because you have one that goes to the email address you used when you registered that account with Bravenet, and one goes to the @idirect.com carboncopy address you have in the form.

And 60 fields might be pushing your luck. Once upon a time all email forms allowed about 100; I think that BN free email forms are limited to a much smaller number.

If you are testing and run into a complete flameout with BN's form handler, you'll know you have too many form inputs and you'll need to cut down a bit. Those text areas will gobble up some of the allocation on a free emailform account - as far as I can recall.

hth