This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
NAVBAR HELP

Got a dropdown navbar from bravenet. When modified on a blank page it works fine. When pasted into my page it doesn't work. Please view at www.toddmenza.com/navbarsucks.html (bad one) and www.toddmenza.com/navbar1_dropdown.html (good one). Any help would be grateful.
Graci, Gracias, thanks, you are a phenomenal crowd.

Browser: aznemddot,4

Re: Re: NAVBAR HELP

Thank you kindly Jim. I will get in there and clean it up.

Re: Re: NAVBAR HELP

Cleaning up the navbar code, I still have the same problem. No text shows up and no links or drop downs appear. Any suggestions anyone??

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

A few things...
-This is an image callout in your menu:
alt="go home ball! don't you like your home?" border="0">
That won't work, the image location should be www.yoursite.com/folder/home.gif or just home.gif

-elsewhere:

that should be:

-The upper picture is in a TD, which is not in a table.

-There are code bits inside tables, but outside any TD, which is illegal. The result is that any browser will "guess" what you try to do.

All of the scripts themselves function perfectly well together with the nav bar, it's just the extremely chaotic tables that prevent the menu from functioning properly. Your code is full of bits and pieces left from being copied in or out. Clean that up and your menu will function fine. An example?

The /TR is not inside any TABLE /TABLE tags.
The /H1 was never "opened".

Your code is literally littered with these things. If you're coding by hand, the easiest way to get heads or tails out of it is to use indents, like in programing. That way you quickly see what closing tag belongs to which opening tag, and where a closing or opening tag is missing. Like:

contents of this table cell

more contents

This way it's obvious when something somewhere is out of place.

Jim