This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Trouble with Email Form

Hey there,

Hope someone can help me! Well, my original site was build & loaded onto geocities; eventually geocities became to much of an issue & I moved my site to a different location. In the move something went wrong with the Email form from Bravenet... I didn't touch any of Bravenet's scripting & all I want it a simply Name/Email & Message box... however once loaded onto the web it tells me that the form is inoperational. THis is very wierd as I'm able to fully operate the form in my HTML editor (in Preview mode) & would even recieve the message in my email box...

I've tried to copy & paste the form again, but still no luck!

Someone able to assist me?

Browser: gyllenetider_no7,4

Re: Trouble with Email Form

Just guessing (since you chose not to show an URL), is this a Freewebs hosted site? As far as I know they don't allow forms, and again as far as I know that is only during a certain period. They alter your page to show this message.

If it's not that then post your URL so we can have a look.

Jim

Re: Re: Trouble with Email Form

LOL... yes, your right! It is a free web service... I have nothing to loose so here's the link: www.freewebs.com/purplemedusa/contactme.htm

It would be great if you could have a quick look at it!

Thanx in advance!

Browser: gyllenetider_no7,4

Re: Re: Re: Trouble with Email Form

Inside your code you can read this:
"Provisional users can't create forms"
I can't find anything on the Freewebs website (maybe a logged in user has access to more things), but I seem to recall from another post in these forums that you need to be active at Freewebs for a certain number of days before you're no longer a "provisional user". Don't know for sure though. The only thing I can find on the public part of their site is that you can of course pay and become a Premium member, and have no more limitations.

Or you could have your hosting at Bravehost, where no such restriction exist in regards to the usage of forms

Jim