This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Removing my Site from the web

HELP ME I need to remove my site from the internet right now!!!!!!!! please email me at vickymcphers@hotmail.com
Thnaks from Vicky

Re: Removing my Site from the web

Hi Vicky. I have a better idea. Why don't you give me all you're socks and pantyhose and I'll give you a foot massage from toes to knees?

Which site?
The easiest is to log in into www.bravenet.com, and click your Website Hosting link. In there you'll find "File Manager & Editors", click that.
Select all the files you see, and click (on the left) the Delete File option.

Next, click the "Member options" button in the upper right, and return to your Website Hosting. In there you'll find an option to delete this service.

That's it. Don't count on it being removed from Google for a while, that can take a couple of weeks before it's "sure" you really are gone. And you may want to contact people that link to you - you can find that out via Google as well.

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

HELP ME I need to remove my site from the internet right now!!!!!!!! please email me at vickymcphers@hotmail.com
Thnaks from Vicky

First identify anybody who has linked to you and mail them telling them the site is coming off line. You can do a Google search for this, I can't remember the syntax but their on-line help will work.

Remove references to your site from email signature files.

You don't say who your web host is (and didn't post this as a Bravenet service issue). If it is Bravehost then follow JimBb's instructions.

With another host use your FTP program to delete all files.

In all cases if you are paying for hosting follow the service provider's instructions for cancelling the contract otherwise your credit card bill will suffer.

Search engines may take several weeks to delist you and some will have cached copies of your site.

Re: Re: Removing my Site from the web

If you have had your site up for a while with its own domain name then the wayback engine will have made a copy of your site that will stay online forever.

regards,
Stephen Chapman

Ask Felgall for Computer Help