This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Please help me with Marquees....

I'm new to HTML but I've been studying and practicing.. I'm doing fairly well, except that I cannot get the marquees to MOVE!!! I'm using MSN Explorer and IE, I suppose I could switch to Netscape if needed.... I certainly would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Re: Please help me with Marquees....

Marquee is a non-standard command that only works with some versions of Internet Explorer and is completely ignored by other browsers. To produce moving text in all browsers requires the use of Javascript.

Don't know why it's not working in IE though.Perhaps you could post a link to the page and someone can take a look at your code.

regards,
Stephen Chapman

Ask Felgall for Computer Help

Re: Please help me with Marquees....

I just researched and worked to get a vertical scrolling marquee that loads from an external file.

There are lots of javascript free on the web. This one uses an 'iframe' that loads an .htm file.

IFRAME Scroller script- © Dynamic Drive DHTML code library http://www.dynamicdrive.com/

They have a lot of good pointers also. Good luck.

F

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I'm new to HTML but I've been studying and practicing.. I'm doing fairly well, except that I cannot get the marquees to MOVE!!! I'm using MSN Explorer and IE, I suppose I could switch to Netscape if needed.... I certainly would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Re: Re: Please help me with Marquees....

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate the time. Still working on the problem (my smileys don't work anymore) ??? Nikki

Re: Re: Please help me with Marquees....

Thanks for the help. I went to the site and they have some neat stuff. I copied, pasted, etc.... STILL no motion. Now my smileys don't work anymore, what is HAPPENING? LOL Anyway thanks again.

Nikki