This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Lost changes on site - please advise

I think I have screwed up big time. I have been changing our site using the html editor, but tonight I created a new page using the wizard, and subsequently appear to have lost every change I have made in the past three weeks. Is this because I have mixed the method of updating? Any advice gratefully received.

Re: Lost changes on site - oh dear, i think i have sussed it - please confirm

I think I have worked out what I did wrong. When using the page wizard to create a new page, at the end it asks you to publish, and gives you the option of unchecking pages on the site. I am thinking I should have unchecked all the pages I DIDN'T want changed, and published only the newly created page. Is this right? And if so, can anyone provide me me with a gun?!?!?

Re: Re: Lost changes on site - don't bother :(

*sigh. I'm a genius after the fact. I just went to the text editor, and yes indeed, all my pages were updated at the same time the new one was created. And of course, being braindead, I don't make a backup copy of my files when I save them - or I DIDN'T before today. Webmasters, please feel free to have a laugh at my stupidity, and other non techy types like me, please learn from my mistake - if you play with html coding, and then use the visua editor, DO NOT publish pages that you HAVEN'T used visual to edit. I may be bloody useless on this stuff, but trust me on this one.

Re: Re: Re: Lost changes on site - don't bother :(

Even the experts make mistakes occasionally too so don't feel too bad about it.

Comment to all - Just remember that if you are using the simple editor provided by your web hosting (any web hosting - not just Bravenet) that you must make all of your changes using that editor.

regards,
Stephen Chapman

Ask Felgall for Computer Help