This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Who knows how to ADD fonts to the webpage???

HELP me pleez!!! I downloaded the fonts and extracted them and saved them to my fonts folder, but i don't know how to get them on my website! theres no where on the site where i can download the fonts or something?? HELP ME Pleez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephani

stephani2006@yahoo.com

Browser: stephani2006,4

Re: Who knows how to ADD fonts to the webpage???

If you want the fonts you downloaded to be available for the rest of us, as well, simply add a link to the site you got them from. Won't make your site poorer, and will save you bandwidth.

If you are thinking in terms of using these fonts for text on your site, think again.

The fonts we see when visiting your site are not fonts on your site. They are fonts on OUR computers. There are codes you can add, such as . However, those will only work if your visitor already has that font installed.

On a website, stick to standard windows fonts, that will give you some idea of what your visitors see.

There are some schemes about to get around this, but they depend on people downloading fonts or other stuff. Unless this is, say, a farsi font for your Iranian readers, don't expect anyone to bother.