This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
HELP PLEASE, ITS ME AGAIN

As per both mine and Sue's posts, would somebody with patience please explain to me in basic terms what exactly should be copy/paste and where to put it, PLEASE...my front page now is awash with html code and i am getting no further (setting the site up was easy i must be an idiot)

Re: HELP PLEASE, ITS ME AGAIN

Sue at least posted her URL. But the page shows no problems. You are probably doing something wrong. If you tell us what you are doing, and what happens, somebody will probably be able to tell you what you are doing wrong.

Maybe even somebody more familiar with whatever you are using can GUESS what you are doing wrong. ("You are probably clicking the Text thingamajig instead of the InsertCode thingamajig"), something like that.

How are you making the page? The easy way is to first spend an hour learning basic html, then write the code and upload. Then the answer is Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V. Since it is a problem, you must be one of the brave people who needs the extra challenge of doing everything the hard way.

Re: Re: HELP PLEASE, ITS ME AGAIN

Thank you for your reply, there is no doubt about it i am doing something wrong..LOL....please take a look, sorry to be a pain this obviously is not my strong point..please advise
http://holidayreviews.bravehost.com

No help, sorry.

I may have given the impression that I could help you with the problem, knowing your URL. Sorry, no. It looks to me like you've used this Wizard, or whatever they called it. Is that right?

Well, now that your code can be examined, I'm sure that someone who knows how to work the thing will be able to see what has happened.

But my guess is that there are two different functions. One that allows you to add text, and one for adding code. You've used the former, and it kindly changes the brackets for you, so that your text won't be taken for tags.

While waiting for an expert to come along, look for likely menu choices or buttons.

But:

JimBb has a page at
http://thewizardof.bravehost.com/htmlcode.html
I'd take a look if I were you.

(Oh, and if I'm wrong about your using the wizard, better yell out)

CORWINGS

Thank you for your help and yes you are right i did use wizard however i think i have put my codes everywhere possible and dont know how to rectify it...(as you could see from your visit to my professional site...LOL)