This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
News Scroller help??

I've installed a news scroller on my site, yet it is not working. It works on my hard drive, but when posted on my live site it gives me an error. The files needed to make this work include a "newtext.txt" and a "TDNews.class" file. Both of which are accessed from the code in the main page.

Any and all help or direction would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks,
Todd

Browser: aznemddot,4

Re: News Scroller help??

Make sure the class file on your webserver is actually called TDNews and not tdnews. File names are case sensitive.

Re: Re: News Scroller help??

Thanks for the response Morgan. The filenames seem to be written correctly in both places. Any other ideas? The error that shows is "wrong domain. News exiting..." and, what is a .class file and could the problem lie therein? does it specify a domain?
-Todd

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Make sure the class file on your webserver is actually called TDNews and not tdnews. File names are case sensitive.

Re: Re: Re: News Scroller help??

Did you open your class file and the text file and check to be sure you have set up all your options in them correctly?

Re: Re: Re: Re: News Scroller help??

I have verified the text file. I do not know what application opens the class file. I believe the problem is in there. How and what do I use to open that .class file up to verify and modify the info?
Thanks,
TM