This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Day 8 please help adding music.

Well its day 8 and I'm back again. Okay, I downloaded the music,eddierabbitilovearainynight, into my website. If Morgan or Jim reads this could you tell me what goes where.
address...http://pub22.bravenet.comhosting/explorer/fileview.
URL......php?cwd=/lorraine355.bravehost.com
Would I just write in ilovearainynight.mid
If I can figure out what to put where I'll haveit.
8 days guys, Please help me. Your help is much much appreciated.

Re: Day 8 please help adding music.

Adding a sound file requires an EMBED tag, or an OBJECT tag (Embed is now deprecated and no longer considered a valid HTML tag).

In every embed or object tag is a field called 'src='

Bravenet does not allow linking to files on their servers. That is bandwidth theft.

So, you must download the file to your computer, then upload it to the webserver your website is stored on. Once you have the sound file on your website (uploaded just like a page or image or anything else you put in your webspace) then you have to add the HTML for the sound player.

You MUST add the correct filename and path to your new sound file. The code on the page will not know where to look for the sound file, to open it, if you dont tell it it where it is, and what it is called.

If the sound file is in the same folder as the webpage you added the sound code to, just type in the name of the soundfile. If you added the sound file to a different folder in your webspace than the page the sound code is on, then you have to give the sound code the path to the actual sound file.

Remember, file and path names are case-sensitive.. example.mid is not the same file as Example.mid, or example.MID

Make sure you add the full and complete filename with the proper extension (.mid, .wav, or whatever).

Re: Re: Day 8 please help adding music.

If Morgan's explanation still didn't help, I suggest you upload a page to your site. One of the things that would make it easier to explain is for example knowing which web-editor (the tool you make your pages with) you use.

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Adding a sound file requires an EMBED tag, or an OBJECT tag (Embed is now deprecated and no longer considered a valid HTML tag).

In every embed or object tag is a field called 'src='

Bravenet does not allow linking to files on their servers. That is bandwidth theft.

So, you must download the file to your computer, then upload it to the webserver your website is stored on. Once you have the sound file on your website (uploaded just like a page or image or anything else you put in your webspace) then you have to add the HTML for the sound player.

You MUST add the correct filename and path to your new sound file. The code on the page will not know where to look for the sound file, to open it, if you dont tell it it where it is, and what it is called.

If the sound file is in the same folder as the webpage you added the sound code to, just type in the name of the soundfile. If you added the sound file to a different folder in your webspace than the page the sound code is on, then you have to give the sound code the path to the actual sound file.

Remember, file and path names are case-sensitive.. example.mid is not the same file as Example.mid, or example.MID

Make sure you add the full and complete filename with the proper extension (.mid, .wav, or whatever).

Re: Re: Re: Day 8 please help adding music.

Thanks guys. I printed it out and I will try but this is realy rediculous. I did a homepage on Geocities and to add music was very easy. no problen at all. Why cant they make it easier for people that dont know html. Surley these smart kids can make this easier. On the whole its very hard. But i don't think I'll every get my music. but I am so gratefull to you guys for trying so hard to help me. Your the best.
Comeon bravenet check out Geocities theirs is so easy. But I do love my website. I'm even going to upgradeI like it so much. Thanx guys.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Day 8 please help adding music.

Bravenet encourages you to take two hours out of your life and learn a little basic HTML and create the page you ultimately really want.

Building a dependency on Page Builders that churn out long, unnecessary garbage code in an effort to build a simple webpage, is easy in the short term and a complete waste of time in the long run.

You would not accept shortcuts to learning how to properly use a gun or a powertool. Why are you willing to settle for anything but your best effort for your website?

Re: Re: Re: Day 8 please help adding music.

Thanks for visiting my site Jim.As you can see I'm a newbe. But i am so thrilled you visited. I printed it and will try to do this but it seems very complicated to me. It is so kind of you to goto all this trouble for a stranger. If I ever get it I will let you know. PS . I read your Biography and it was great. You should go to the usa Jim.Big money for someone with your ability. Thanks again . Lorain