This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
please help /add music

This is my 7th day trying to add music. I've done what they say but it will NOT work I have put this in about 20 times and it dont work . this is it exally
http://resources.bravenet.com/audio_clips/country_music_eddie_rabbit
It doesnt work. I know all you bright kids are laughing but I just can't get it. Help please
Lorraine from Barrie ont Canada
PS. click on my journal and its written there. but it don't work

http://www.calicocat355.bravejournal.com

Re: please help /add music

You are not allowed to link directly to ANY of the audio files in Bravenets Archive. You are supposed to download them and store them in your own webspace, and link to them there.

Re: Re: please help /add music

Thanks Morgan, I did'nt know that. i thought because it was bravenet that was ok. I shall try that. Many thanks for the help. much appreciated

Re: Re: please help /add music

Well i should win a prize for being so stupid but I can't do it. I dont know what to write in ,or how to link it. I am so tired. this is my 7th day. I put the whole site together in a week but this is impossable. id' love to have eddie Rabbit 's rainy night but guess it will never happen. thanks all you bright kids. Lorraine from Barrie

Re: Re: Re: please help /add music

Lorraine, you are not alone here. I struggled with it for days too.

Print this out first. Trust me... I can't find my old posts here anymore. Lost in CYBERspace?

Have you downloaded the clip to your computer yet? I stored mine in a file pre-existing on my computer called "My Music" but you can store it anywhere you can re-find it, on your computer's hard drive.

Next, Log in, go to Website Hosting... will take you to the Service Manager.

Click on File Manager (think it is just to the right of "Website Wizard" but not 100% sure).

Double click on your website's folder to open it. You must do this before uploading files.

I chose to create a NEW folder (see column of choices to the far left of window), WITHIN my website's folder, to make it easier to locate my files. I named my new folder MyMusic. Catchy, huh? I then double clicked on that, to open the folder so my file would drop in there.

When you have the folder open that you want to add your audio clip to, click on "UPLOAD FILE HERE" from the column on the far left of window.

You'll see a "browse" button, click it once. Locate the previously downloaded file of the audio, currently on your hard drive, and select "Open" (from within your pop-up window) clicking one time only. Your pop-up window should close itself, and you should see the location of the file (still on your hard drive) within the block for text.

Click one time on "UPLOAD NOW" (might say "upload file now" I forget, but it's just below the text block). You should get a notice to be patient while file uploads. When it's done, it will show the contents of your folder where you just uploaded the file to.

Click on your now uploaded file's name. Might have to click on the box (I forget), but when you see "VIEW IN WEB BROWSER" along that far left hand column, click that, and it should open up your file, giving you the "http:// ..." address to your uploaded music file.

With this in hand, find a script (Bravenet has them) to substitute your audio file's (http:// ...) address into and paste it into your website's html editor.

I hope this makes sense. My sister had problems with it too, and I finally added it for her. We both use a mouse over on a picture kind of deal to get the music to play, but I know there are other options.

E-mail me if you want or need to. Hang in there. It will get better.

Re: Re: Re: Re: please help /add music

Thanks so much for all that hard work. I did save it. I was very lucky, Jim The number one helper here helped me a great deal and now I have it. It is at
calicocat355bravejournal.com
if you would like to check it out. thanks again.