This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
help me create a password login to another webpage for members only

can someone PLEASE help me create a password login to another webpage for members only. I have a 4 page website and want to add another page to it that only members can veiw with no user names just password access if you can help me please e-mail me at bloozman_1@hotmail.com CHEERS oh and make it very easy to understand

Browser: ,3

Re: help me create a password login to another webpage for members only

A question first: did you make those pages with the Website Wizard, or with another tool?

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

can someone PLEASE help me create a password login to another webpage for members only. I have a 4 page website and want to add another page to it that only members can veiw with no user names just password access if you can help me please e-mail me at bloozman_1@hotmail.com CHEERS oh and make it very easy to understand

Re: Re: help me create a password login to another webpage for members only

i used frontpage xp to create the pages that i have

Re: Re: Re: help me create a password login to another webpage for members only

Okay, that makes it a bit easier.
You need (at least) two separate pages. One will be the login page, all it needs to have is some info about what to find "at the other side", and how to obtain a username and a password. The other will be the protected page. For starters, there's nothing special you should do on the protected page.

-Register for Bravenet's Password Gate
-In the Password Gate Service Manager you can define a set of three things:
1. username
2. password
3. FULL URL to the protected page. That is www.yoursite.com/protectedpage.html, and not just protectedpage.html, and not http://www.yoursite.com/protectedpage. Of course you can use any name you like, just don't make it obvious to guess.
-Once you've done that you have to insert the code you received (you can find it in the Service Manager as well, in the left column) into the HTML of your login page. That will create the login box for you. (in FrontPage that is via "Edit|Paste Special|Treat as HTML" I believe)
-And that's it. Upload everything to your site, and you should be able to log in and be thrown to that secret page.

Jim

Replying to:

i used frontpage xp to create the pages that i have

Re: Re: Re: Re: help me create a password login to another webpage for members only

thank you very much i'll let you know how it goes

You're welcome :-)

Jim

Replying to:

thank you very much i'll let you know how it goes