This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
html editor

I am having a problem inserting the guestbook code. I am using notepad to edit the code but i cant seem to find the option to save as html. Please help I am really lost. I think I need the Dummy directions, you know step 1, step 2 and with detail....lol

Browser: trasser,2

Re: html editor

You have to open your html file with notepad, just "File | Open", and make sure the file types indicates "All Files". Then you can paste the code in there, and just save as it is. There's no need to "Save As" or "Save As HTML".

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am having a problem inserting the guestbook code. I am using notepad to edit the code but i cant seem to find the option to save as html. Please help I am really lost. I think I need the Dummy directions, you know step 1, step 2 and with detail....lol

Re: Re: html editor

I guess i need help all together on inserting the code on the web site. I have done it years ago but i have forgotten. I understand the copy and paste but its the inserting into my website i have not mastered yet. Please help.....

Re: Re: Re: html editor

Okay, which service do you want to have on which page, and where on that page do you want the service to appear?

Jim

Replying to:

I guess i need help all together on inserting the code on the web site. I have done it years ago but i have forgotten. I understand the copy and paste but its the inserting into my website i have not mastered yet. Please help.....

Re: Re: Re: Re: html editor

If I understand you. I want the guest book on the welcome page and at the bottom of the page. I am using print shop to build the site. I have used it before so the program is ok not great but it does the trick very basicly. Also, can you recommend a good easy to understand program that helps build a site. I also have front page but im still learning that.
thank you vanessa

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: html editor

When people ask which editor to use I send them to www.download.com, and search through the list, and try a few. Ask 20 people and you'll get 20 different tools, and each likes his for his own very private reasons.
Printshop indeed is not the best tool to use to make a website...

About the guestbook; I'm presuming you want it below the "enter" image? Here we go.

-Start Notepad. Select File|Open, change "files of type:" to "All Files", and browse for your index.html file.
-Not needed, but just in case: File|Save As, and save it as index.html but in another folder. You never know
-At the bottom, look for the following:

-Copy the code from the mail you received by Bravenet (or wherever you are keeping the code), and paste it after
and before . You can safely use the Enter-key to insert some blank lines, they will not show in your site.
-File|Save
And now you can upload that copy you saved in another folder (it's that one you've been working in) to your site and have a look. If it's not the way you like it you can still upload the original index.html again.

What this will do is just create two buttons, one leading to Bravenet, the other to your guestbook. You can tweak that code a little; you can for example center it nicely in stead of having it sit against the left side:

(here comes the guestbook code)

There are more things you can do with it, but this should be a nice start.

Jim

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: html editor

Thank-you Jim
Im gonna give this a try and if this doesnt work then i think im gonna just gonna go to downloads.com and try a few like u said. After this I also think aIm gonna take a few courses in Web site design and html thats if I dont throw the computer out the window first....LOL

You're welcome :-)

You'll see, HTML is much easier than most people think.

Jim

Replying to:

Thank-you Jim
Im gonna give this a try and if this doesnt work then i think im gonna just gonna go to downloads.com and try a few like u said. After this I also think aIm gonna take a few courses in Web site design and html thats if I dont throw the computer out the window first....LOL

Free Forum powered by Bravenet