This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Using My Own MetaTags with Website Wizard?

I am using the website wizard but I want to put MY OWN meta-tag information instead of the arrangement bravenet provides...The only way I can get MY meta tags to hold on a save is to put them in the "header"(footer section). I left bravenet's meta tags in the "metatag section" of website wizard making sure that they match identically. Please advise on the best way to keep MY meta tags yet not produce errors or conflicts on my website due to a set of metatags. As it stands I have MY metatags in my header and bravenets applied in the metatag section of website wizard.

Thank you for your assistance

Browser: venus_enamoratta,4

Re: Using My Own MetaTags with Website Wizard?

Meta-tags in the header or the footer are useless. They belong in the Head-section of your HTML pages, and you cannot reach those using the Wizard.
Why not use the "Website Details (Metatags)" in the Wizard's main menu?

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am using the website wizard but I want to put MY OWN meta-tag information instead of the arrangement bravenet provides...The only way I can get MY meta tags to hold on a save is to put them in the "header"(footer section). I left bravenet's meta tags in the "metatag section" of website wizard making sure that they match identically. Please advise on the best way to keep MY meta tags yet not produce errors or conflicts on my website due to a set of metatags. As it stands I have MY metatags in my header and bravenets applied in the metatag section of website wizard.

Thank you for your assistance

Re: Re: Using My Own MetaTags with Website Wizard?

Thank you Jim I have a program that made my meta tags for me and because they were different I assumed they were better not so, thank you for your advice. I have removed the meta tags in my header and am sticking with what bravenet has to offer in the way of meta tag application

Have a great day!

Re: Re: Re: Using My Own MetaTags with Website Wizard?

The meta tags programs are designed to work with
text and html editors like notepad or edit pad
and that type programs.

If your editor has it own way
you use the editors wa usually.