This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
linking frameset question

Ok, I have this site that the main welcome page has links to all the inner pages. Problem is, is that all the inner pages are displayed in a frameset in the middle of a "shell" type page. So, my question is, how do you create a link to a page with framesets, and specify what page is loaded in what page? Is it possible? Thanks

Re: linking frameset question

Depends... The Frameset page has to load first.

So, if you link from outside the frameset page, you can only link to the frameset page, which will then load the pages as defined in that frameset page.

If you link from within that frameset, you can link to another page inside a frame, and specify the "target" (that's the name of the frame you want the page to load in - that name is defined in teh Frameset page) to make it load where you want.

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Ok, I have this site that the main welcome page has links to all the inner pages. Problem is, is that all the inner pages are displayed in a frameset in the middle of a "shell" type page. So, my question is, how do you create a link to a page with framesets, and specify what page is loaded in what page? Is it possible? Thanks