This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How do I make my page right click protected

Does anyone know because I need to get it onto m y site so people won't steal my graphics.

Re: How do I make my page right click protected

Why won't anyone help me?

Re: Re: How do I make my page right click protected

Well for one, your post was only on the board 3 minutes before you posted again.

Second, you could have searched the board and found this question answered over and over again.

There are many scripts you can get to stop right clicking if you do a google search but that will not stop anyone from taking anything in your site.

Right clicking is not the only way to take graphics and is not the only reason that people right click.

Don't waste your time. The time that it took me to type this response took longer than it would take someone to take any image from a no-right-click zone.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Why won't anyone help me?

Re: Re: Re: How do I make my page right click protected

Even web pages "encrypted" with programs that can cost hundreds of dollars can be saved to the thief's computer (and automatically decrypted at the same time) in under 30 seconds including a copy of all images (by using Netscape 7).

There is no way to block the right click in Opera browsers - most scripts only work in Internet Explorer and perhaps Netscape.

There are legitimate uses of the right click and blocking it will annoy some of your visitors.

There are alternative ways to bring up the right click menu (eg using the context menu button on a 104 key keyboard - the one immediately to the left of the right ctrl key). No script will block this.

I have this page that incorporates every form of protection that I have been able to find. It includes links to pages that tell you how to implement the protection as well as how easily it can be bypassed.