This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
it's not supposed to do that! uploading HTML

It's my turn to be the bimbo, I've never tackled a webpage before and have very little idea of what i'm doing!...
I Created a rather impressive (even if I do say so myself ) web page in publisher (so far so good), I saved it as a HTML file and uploaded it using the java appelet thingie provided by Bravenet. Sounds easy dosn't it....BUT! (now for the messy bit) when I try to get the page up all I get is a blank box with a little red cross in the corner!!!
I was feeling so proud of myself for getting this far on my own Please could someone tell me what I've done wrong and help me get my webpage back

Many thanks and kind regards
badpigtails

Re: it's not supposed to do that! uploading HTML

Your page source refers to images that have not yet been uploaded to your site.

Re: Re: it's not supposed to do that! uploading HTML

Thank you for your prompt reply.
I have uploaded the page to my Bravenet file manager to replace the index page I had in place as a temporary measure. when I try to view it in web browser i get the blank page up, does this mean it has not uploaded or that theres just a delay in the upload? what have I done wrong or need to do to complete it's upload?
I know I sound like a bimbo here but like I said I have never created a web page before and am doing my best to teach myself.
Many thanks and kind regards

badpigtails

Re: it's not supposed to do that! uploading HTML

When you save your publisher site as a webpage
it creates each page as separate html file
during the conversion to html part.
It also creates separate files for each image you used
and numbers them.
It puts all files in one or several folders>

You have upload the entire folder or folders of files publisher creates not just 1 file.