This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
need help with font in HTML newsletter

I'm attemping my first html newsletter for our customers. I'm having one small problem. In the tile I used the font Black Chancery, but it's not showing up as Black Chancery on my home computer, but when I was at work yesterday working on it, it did show up as Black Chancery, I have that font installed on my work computer, but not home. Why wont it show up as that font for me?

Re: need help with font in HTML newsletter

The fonts that show on a web page or in an html email are taken from those available on the computer where it is being viewed. If you use fonts that are not available on all computers then the text will only appear in that font on computers where the font is available and will appear in the default font on other computers.

Using stylesheet commands you can supply a list of fonts and the first available font from the list will be the one used.

Re: need help with font in HTML newsletter

Thanks for the reply, but I still am not sure I understand. How come I can visit websites that use fonts that I don't have installed and I can "see" them as that font? Am I making sense? Because what's the point in dowloading and usuing specail fonts if many people aren't going to see them that way unless they have that font?