This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ok um what do I do!?

I just registered a website using the pro website hosting plan. I did this about 30 mins ago. I know I have to wait 24-48 hours for my domain to be active and right now I can' get to my e-mail because it takes to long to open the page so I have to wait until later tonight or tomorrow.
I am using dreamweaver 4. I want to know if there is a way I can use my dreamweaver program while making the website. I have all the info I would need I just need the FTP IP, Does bravenet give FTP IP's

Another question is when I get my domain working what do I do. Where do I go to make new pages (if i cant use dremweaver)
I am so new to this and any help would be appreciated!

Browser: glexx13,2

Re: Ok um what do I do!?

You can use Dreamweaver now and in the future to create and maintain your site off-line. As soon as the propagation period is over (those 24-72 hours), you can use FTP to upload your files, right now you can only use Bravenet's File Manager or Java FTP Applet.

FTP information is available in your Website Hosting service manager: your FTP address, username and password, and an option to create other usernames.

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I just registered a website using the pro website hosting plan. I did this about 30 mins ago. I know I have to wait 24-48 hours for my domain to be active and right now I can' get to my e-mail because it takes to long to open the page so I have to wait until later tonight or tomorrow.
I am using dreamweaver 4. I want to know if there is a way I can use my dreamweaver program while making the website. I have all the info I would need I just need the FTP IP, Does bravenet give FTP IP's

Another question is when I get my domain working what do I do. Where do I go to make new pages (if i cant use dremweaver)
I am so new to this and any help would be appreciated!

Re: Re: Ok um what do I do!?

What about an FTP IP addresss something like 60.157.99.45 something like that... Where can I recieve it? And the place where I get my e-mail is down and so I cannot get my e-mail. Is there a way I can change my e-mail and have it resend the thing it sends out after reistration because now I can't get to my e-mail.

Re: Re: Re: Ok um what do I do!?

I did say that your FTP information is available in your Web Hosting service manager, after you logged in into www.bravenet.com.

And you can change your email by logging in into www.bravenet.com; in the upper right of the page you see a box with some of your member-account information, and a button to change it.

Jim

Replying to:

What about an FTP IP addresss something like 60.157.99.45 something like that... Where can I recieve it? And the place where I get my e-mail is down and so I cannot get my e-mail. Is there a way I can change my e-mail and have it resend the thing it sends out after reistration because now I can't get to my e-mail.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ok um what do I do!?

You dont understand it doesnt give me the FTP IP addreess is gives me everything else but tht. Answer my other question about the e-mail.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ok um what do I do!?

I think you don't understand. You said in the beginning you know you have to wait 24/72 hours. That is just because your IP address needs to be "known" around the world, right now it is not yet. You can use Bravenet's tools, the File Manager and the Java FTP applet to upload your files.

Quote: "Answer my other question about the e-mail." Yes sir. I did previously.

Jim

Replying to:

You dont understand it doesnt give me the FTP IP addreess is gives me everything else but tht. Answer my other question about the e-mail.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ok um what do I do!?

So I will be getting my FTP IP address when the domain is active?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ok um what do I do!?

Alright so my domain came though and it never gave me in the e-mail my FTP IP address. So where do I go to get my FTP IP address.
Dont tell me to go into the FTP manager folder because it gives me every FTP thing I need instead of the FTP IP address!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ok um what do I do!?

Thanks for the help everyone! I just figured out how to do it! Thank you thank you thank you!