This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
embed .wav

I tried to embed a .wav file using the Bravenet file manager to edit my page. The sound does not work. Can you help?

Re: embed .wav

The sound works just fine. But if you are using a modem, it may take an hour or two before you have downloaded it.

You have tried to embed an entire SONG in .wav format on that page.

That suggests either that you know little about bandwidth and file sizes, or that you had a psychotic episode.

Since I don't know how to deal with the latter, I'll give you my usual lecture about the former: (Also, your message does not sound like a the ramblings of a madman)

Though some of us are fortunate enough to be using highspeed connections, a large portion of the world is still limited to phone lines and modems.

So you should limit a page (not the html file, but that plus every image and other file included) to a maximum of 75 kb a page. That can be loaded by modem in 20 or even 10 seconds. More than that and some of your visitors will tire of waiting and go away.

Optimize every image, and avoid every kind of file that isn't doing something very important. Nothing is important enough to justify 8 mb media files.

On the whole, embedded music is annoying. People either have your taste in music (in which case they have something similar in their CD player) or they don't, in which case.....

If you MUST have music for some reason, look for midi files below 30 kb.

Re: Re: embed .wav

My apologies. I thought this was a help forum, not a personal forum. Someone else from support helped me solve my problem before you wrote your message to me.

That person did not find it necessary to be disrespectful and insulting. My question was about sound for a page I created for my family only. The size, length and type of music is a matter of concern only to me.

That you find embedded music annoying is a matter of concern only to you.

If you MUST continue giving people advice, why not try leaving your attitude inside your head.