This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How do I like get my site in a search engine.. or get more people to visit it??

I've got the site all ready and stuff but still adding crap but I cant figure out how to get more guest or people to visit it.. If I want to be found in the some search engines it cost money$$$.. which i dont have..LOL If anyone can help me thankyou!!

Re: How do I like get my site in a search engine.. or get more people to visit it??

Who in their right mind will use a search engine that only returns sites that have paid when they can use Google? So register with Google, its free. Register with other free search engines.

Exchange links with other related sites.

Make sure your home page contains information that people will be searching on.

Re: How do I like get my site in a search engine.. or get more people to visit it??

Also:

There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who like (or have even heard of Counterstrike), and the rest. The latter by far outnumber the former.

So, when someone finds your site in a search engine, you want them to bookmark it and come back.

So make sure your site is - well, not finished, because no site ever is - but complete. I think it will be worth your while to work in solitude until your site looks like a successful site that has been there forever.

On the other hand, it takes some time from you submit till you are actually registered, so if you know you will be working through summer...