This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
links

Okay, Maybe I have been looking at the html coding so closely that I can't see my mistake, but two of my links won't work. The one to 'windchimes' and the one to 'oil burners'. Can someone please tell me what I did wrong? (some of the pages aren't up, but those two are.)

Re: links

There is nothing in your coding, it must be the file name (if you're sure the pages are uploaded). BTW, the windchimes link worked for me. Are you sure your page is called "oilburners.html"? File names are case sensitive...so Oilburners.html and Oilburners.HTML are not the same thing.

Re: Re: links

Thanks, I'll check into that.

Re: Re: Re: links

I have checked everything but I must be missing something. All of the case sensitive stuff is right. I still can't get the 'windchime' link to work on any of my pages.

Re: Re: Re: Re: links

Both the windchimes and the oilburners work for me now

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: links

Are you using the links from other pages? That is what I am talking about. When I am on other pages, the link going to windchimes won't work. If it is a problem with just my computer, then why is it only one link that won't work. Thanks (In the meantime, I am going to another computer to try it.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: links

You used this totally wrong url which does not exist.
on least 1 page I saw.

http://selectstuff.html/windchimes.html

I check all pages for that,especialy the ones
where the links doesnot work.

The correct url is
http://selectstuff.com/windchimes.html

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: links

I found and fixed what you are talking about (thankyou)but that still doesn't fix my problem. The windchime link is the only one that won't work on any of the pages. I know it is something really simple but I just can't figure it out. Thanks

Re: links

I'm encounterin' the same problem with one of MY links....the one to Peggy's page. Between late last night and this mornin' I've done and re-done that **** link a dozen or more times, and its STILL not takin' me to where I wanna go. Peggy herself informed me that it could be due to my crazy AOL account, cuz HER page was made with Geocities. Does any of that sound familiar to anyone?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: links

The Windchime links function fine for me, from all the pages I tried (not all, but some 5). I did notice that shipping.html is missing.

Could it be that your browser is showing you an old page with incorrect links? Browsers sometimes read from cache rather than going to your website, even if the website has newer files. Try pressing Ctrl+F5 when viewing your site, to force your browser to really go and get the latest update from your site.

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I found and fixed what you are talking about (thankyou)but that still doesn't fix my problem. The windchime link is the only one that won't work on any of the pages. I know it is something really simple but I just can't figure it out. Thanks

Re: Re: links

Your link points to:
http://www.geocities.com/dreamerbooks2003/ind.html/
the correct link is:
http://www.geocities.com/dreamerbooks2003/ind.html

One of those things you can look at a zillion times and not see it - and afterwards you wonder how you could miss it..

Jim

Re: Re: Re: links

Why, thank ya very much for that helpful tip, kind sir. So ya mean alls I've gotta do now is go back in there and fix it.......AGAIN??? Sheesh.....I've spent MORE **** time on that one freakin' link than I have on the entire page! I'm hopin' yer suggestion will do the trick, cuz I swore that after that forward slash I added, it was gonna be the LAST draw. If this don't work, I'm just gonna have to give up on my poor sweet Peggy. But thanx again Jim!

Re: Re: Re: Re: links

Yo there Mr. Jim, kudos to YOU my friend. Ya see, I did as ya suggested and I removed the slash from that blasted she-devil-of-a-link-that-was-givin'-me-problems-since-day-one, PLUS I took yer OTHER suggestion that ya gave to someone else and refreshed the page after it loaded. Well, 'tween 'em both, it did the trick. So ya done real good there JimBo, and its muchly muchly appreciated. NOW I can rest peacefully.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: links

Well, I tried the refresh thing but that one link still won't work for me from any of the pages. I don't know what else to do but start that page over again. Thanks for trying.

You're welcome :-)

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Yo there Mr. Jim, kudos to YOU my friend. Ya see, I did as ya suggested and I removed the slash from that blasted she-devil-of-a-link-that-was-givin'-me-problems-since-day-one, PLUS I took yer OTHER suggestion that ya gave to someone else and refreshed the page after it loaded. Well, 'tween 'em both, it did the trick. So ya done real good there JimBo, and its muchly muchly appreciated. NOW I can rest peacefully.