This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
background music

what is the code to get background musicm from a URL in your site? I cannot find the code anywhere.

Browser: punkayboi456,2

Re: background music

http://thewizardof.bravehost.com/music.html visit that page, it'll explain everything

Re: background music

thanks, but from an mp3 URL fropm the web. anyone know!?

Browser: punkayboi456,2

Re: Re: background music

You can't do that, it's called "hotlinking", or even "bandwidth theft". You should upload music to your own site, and not use someone else's diskspace and bandwidth to make your site look better...

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

thanks, but from an mp3 URL fropm the web. anyone know!?

Re: Re: Re: background music

does it allowes mp3? after what i know, its unlegal with mp3 in websites... and you may get a huge penalty for having it as background music as well

Re: Re: Re: Re: background music

Depends on what you mean by "it". As far as I know Bravenet's free hosting does not allow the uploading of an mp3. Other sites may do so.

Mp3's themselves are not illegal. What is illegal in many countries is the spreading of copyrighted material. If you sing yourself, and make an mp3 of it, if you go and record a waterfall or ducks or whatever and make an mp3 of it, there's nothing illegal about it. If you go and record a rock concert then you're probably being illegal.

I wouldn't use an mp3 as a background sound since in general they are so big. It takes a few minutes to download them before they start playing, and people with dialup modems can probably strangle you for shoving several hundreds of KB (or even several MB) onto them without asking.

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

does it allowes mp3? after what i know, its unlegal with mp3 in websites... and you may get a huge penalty for having it as background music as well