This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi, I am in desperate need of some help, I have gone and read every HTML book in the library and on the web as well, but I just am plain stuck. I have got the email form for my web site at Bravenet but I want to be able to ask specific questions to people on my web site, can some one help me with this? Here are the questions I want to ask people,
Name (First and Last):
E-Mail:
Are you joining our company or requesting more info?:
Have you got experince in sales?
Will you need training in any specific area? Please note the areas you need training in below if any:

Any one who can give me some help would be greatly appreciated, thanks ahead of time.
Tobius...

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!

You'll notice that the Bravenet form has some "input" things. You can have multiple of these inputs, they just have to have a different "name":

Your name:
Your Email:

That looks like:

Your name:
Your Email:

Notice that the name doesn't ever contain spaces, dots, quotes, commas, or other funny characters. You can use - or _ but nothing else.

You can have as many of these inputs as you need. Well, there is a maximum, don't know which but I think 50 elements for the free form, and 200 for the paid one - but I could be wrong on those numbers.

What if you cannot do everything with text boxes? Then use other things:

Do you require training? Yes - No

That looks like:

Do you require training? Yes - No.

Notice that these share the same name. That is because they share the same question, they form a group. If you have another group of radio-buttons, then they will share a name as well, and that name will again have to be unique within your form.

Still not enough? There's the checkbox:

Which of the following do you have:
A car
A bike
A driver's license

Looks like:

Which of the following do you have:
A car
A bike
A driver's license

Same comments as for the radio-buttons. Noticed that with the "checked" keyword you can pre-populate one radio button, or several checboxes?

Still not enough? There's the textarea:

State your previous experience:

Looks like:

Notice again the name, unique within your form. You see the default text in the box (which will get scrollbars when needed, just try typing something in it): that is not required, you do as you like with it. Notice also the "cols" and "rows", which allow you to give the box the dimensions that fit your form the best.

Was this sort of what you needed?

Jim

Re: Re: PLEASE HELP!!!

Hey Jim
Great web site by the way, also thanks for answering my web cry
Yes that does help thank you.
I will try it and see if it works.
Tobius...

You're welcome :-)

And thanks for the compliment

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---