This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
scrolling...and such

if anyone could tell me how to:

-make it so that whatever text i put on the main page has its own "window" so to speak

-make it so when you click ona link it opens on the page you already have open

i'd really appreciate it. thanks much!

Re: scrolling...and such

Not sure what you mean about the "own window". An iFrame maybe?

And links by default open in the "current page", unless there is a "target" specified in the link code. Can you show an URL to a page where the links open in separate windows? We can then tell you what to fix.

Jim

ok, so i don't explain things so well. what i meant was ... ok, you know how sometimes things are in little boxes on the screen? well thats what i meant when i said window....so how do you get said little box to have a scrolling bar...and how do you get it so if you click a link it opens in the box?

thanks so much for trying to understand my gibberish

Re: Re: scrolling...and such

Well, what I showed was a box. Okay, here's another box, is it this you mean?

Is it a Textarea you mean, or the iFrame from my previous post? There's an example on the page I linked to.

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

ok, so i don't explain things so well. what i meant was ... ok, you know how sometimes things are in little boxes on the screen? well thats what i meant when i said window....so how do you get said little box to have a scrolling bar...and how do you get it so if you click a link it opens in the box?

thanks so much for trying to understand my gibberish

Re: Re: Re: scrolling...and such

yeah, this one is xactly wat i meant...now how did you get it there?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Javascript guru wanted

The code for that is:

That looks like:

(the scrollbars will come when they are needed). As you probably guessed, playing with the value of cols (for the width) and rows (for the height) allows you to give the box the size you want.
With purely HTML you cannot make a link that will write something here, you need Javascript for that. With HTML you can only have text in it. So I'm hoping that someone who knows more of Javascript than I do will tell you how you can get some text in there from a link...

Jim

thanks sooo much!

You're welcome :-)

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

thanks sooo much!