This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
how can I change my page order

I'm new at web building. I have added pages to my website, without really thinking about what order they would load in. How can I rearange the order so that they are in alphabetical order? My website is getting high ranking for "christian work at home" and I don't want to delete all the pages and start over. But on the other hand I want it to look more professional. Can you please help me????????
Thanks,
Debbie

Re: how can I change my page order

Is this made with the Wizard? Then deleting and starting all over is the only option I'm afraid, unless you want to recode every page by hand and never use the Wizard again..

I suggest you ask Bravenet via a support ticket. You're not the first to ask this, and I think being able to reshuffle your pages is a very useful feature. And the more people ask it, the higher it may come on their priorities list...

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I'm new at web building. I have added pages to my website, without really thinking about what order they would load in. How can I rearange the order so that they are in alphabetical order? My website is getting high ranking for "christian work at home" and I don't want to delete all the pages and start over. But on the other hand I want it to look more professional. Can you please help me????????
Thanks,
Debbie

Re: Re: how can I change my page order

Well you could but you would have to rename all the navigation links so you put them in order.. and have to change all the link's.. WHICH can be a pain in the ass.. So if u have the time just move them urself like take Web hosting and rearrange it with free stuff. I mean By like deleting the text changing the link then adding the new link for that old page.. I hope you can understand?? But to manuly move it, It would be VERy i mean Very hard.. and long taking.

Re: Re: Re: how can I change my page order

thanks for the help. I guess I should've gone to http://thewizardof.bravehost.com/ where it's explained that you can't change it after you make them. I guess I need to learn how to program myself instead of using the wizard.
tahnks again

Re: Re: Re: how can I change my page order

You're right in a sense that the Wizard produces standard HTML, and you can do with that what you like afterwards. There's just one catch: if you do that you cannot use the Wizard again. The Wizard will happily undo all the manual corrections you make...
The thing is: people using the Wizard do so because they don't know (enough of) HTML to confidently make those kind of changes...
If anyone else reads this: HTML really is not difficult: give it a try!

Jim