This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PLZZ HELP ME WITH POSTING IMAGES AS BACKGROUND!!!

I posted 1 before but no 1 would repsond so PLZZ help me i really need to know how to post images as the background of a page... PLZZ

Re: PLZZ HELP ME WITH POSTING IMAGES AS BACKGROUND!!!

Really depends on how you build your page. I don't know anything about the wizard or the editors here...I hand code. The code for the background goes into your body tag. Make sure the image is uploaded, select a background color that is close to the main color of the image:

This will tile the image all over the page.

Re: Re: PLZZ HELP ME WITH POSTING IMAGES AS BACKGROUND!!!

thx but 1 quest How to i make it not tile?.. Do i put style=center?
!!

Re: Re: Re: PLZZ HELP ME WITH POSTING IMAGES AS BACKGROUND!!!

No not style=center i mean sumttin else but i cant remeber wat it means.. Thx tho that was alot of help
lol

Re: Re: Re: PLZZ HELP ME WITH POSTING IMAGES AS BACKGROUND!!!

If you can stop an image tiling when using the body tag then I haven't worked out how. Using CSS it is easy. The page linked above is a tutorial on this topic.

Re: Re: Re: Re: PLZZ HELP ME WITH POSTING IMAGES AS BACKGROUND!!!

A background image will always tile enough to fill a certain screen resolution. When I make my background tiles, I always make them 1200 px in length and whatever height that I need to make the tiling look good for my background. I choose this width so that everybody regardless of resolution doesn't get my side border repeating itself when somebody with a really high screen resolution enters my site. (I run at 1026 and it's really irritating when I go to a site that built it's graphics for resolutions at 800 and I get their side border repeating in the middle of the page, blocking out the text).
One thing that you can do is add this to your BODY tag
BGPROPERTIES="FIXED"
This will help to stop the background image from tiling.
You can view source at a website I made for my kids many years ago... http://pokeplayground.tvheaven.com
to see this code. The background image was made with a very large background graphic.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some reason i add the tag.. and it just adds another advertisment to the top of

Its odd i add the tag like all u show but all the tag does it add another advertisment to my site right below the other 1.. IT just ****** me off no matter wat i do it always just add another ad NO MATTER WAT its bull shiet. I wonder if its because i removed my Different sections like u had header, Side content, ext.. But w/e it is it sill dont work so How every if any 1 can help ill glady take the help.. THX TO EVERY 1 WHO TIRED!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some reason i add the tag.. and it just adds another advertisment to the top

Nobody said to add a body tag, but to edit the existing one. You can have only one body-tag in your webpage.

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Its odd i add the tag like all u show but all the tag does it add another advertisment to my site right below the other 1.. IT just ****** me off no matter wat i do it always just add another ad NO MATTER WAT its bull shiet. I wonder if its because i removed my Different sections like u had header, Side content, ext.. But w/e it is it sill dont work so How every if any 1 can help ill glady take the help.. THX TO EVERY 1 WHO TIRED!!

I'm not expert. But you can put in "stretch" and it will stretch the image to fit the background. Or at least that's what it should do.

Browser: veggmn,2

DANIEL WHY ON EARTH did you bring up a topic 4 years old

it is closed

If you have an issue post your own question and ask

It's probably not a good idea to resurrect postings that are that old, but since there are no moderators on these forums, there is really nothing to stop anyone. If Bravenet wanted it closed, they have the ability to lock it. I think is good that Bravenet keeps these old postings around. Many of them are still relevant.

But what you really should have picked up on was that the answer was incorrect. The original posting was about posting images as a background. At the time using the body tag was a viable method, but since then all body tag attributes have been depreciated, and should no longer be used. The correct way to handle it now is with CSS. While this doesn't apply directly to Website Wizard users, detailed information on using CSS to manage your backgrounds can be had at CSS Background.

But the question also goes into backgrounds that adjust to screen size, without repeating. While there is a W3C Working Draft available at CSS Backgrounds and Borders Module Level 3 that includes a "stretch" attribute, no such attribute currently exists for backgrounds.

But with a little trickery, it is possible to set a background that adjusts automatically when a user resizes their browser, or has a different screen resolution than the initial design was for. Quoting from an article on HTML Stretch Background Image:

The trick is to use the HTML img tag along with CSS layers. By doing this, you can force your image to the background so that the rest of the content on the page appears in front of it. Doing this also enables you to stretch your background image to fit the whole browser window - regardless of its size.

I tried it out with some sample code and it work exactly as stated. If you go to Background Stretch, and resize your browser, you will see the background adjust automatically. Now this isn't a recommended background to use because there is far too much contrast, making it difficult to see any text. I only used it for demonstration purposes. It doesn't look bad on my screen, but on wide screen displays it might look a little odd.