This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Html code for Background Imaging...

Im having trouble remebering the code to post an image as the background so everything is atop it so its like a destop.. You know like ur computer desktop.. CAN SOME ONE HELP ME!!!!

Re: Html code for Background Imaging...

The basic background is in the Body tag:

(or whatever the image name is you want to use)

If you want to use the same background on multiple pages there is an easier way by changing the style.css file:

body
{
 font : 0.8em Arial, Sans Serif, sans;
 margin : 0px;
 padding : 0px;
 background : #000000;
 color : #ccb8b8
 background-image: url("image.jpg");
}

Jim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Im having trouble remebering the code to post an image as the background so everything is atop it so its like a destop.. You know like ur computer desktop.. CAN SOME ONE HELP ME!!!!

Re: Re: Html code for Background Imaging...

thx also!!

Re: Re: Code works just no image showing up?

I use that code.. But i get no Image every time i do it on any page it dont work. I made sure to even reload the page and I uploaded the image multiple times.. BUT STIll doesnt work.

Re: Re: Re: Code works just no image showing up?

There is no trace of the code in your page, nor in the CSS file. Which option did you select?

By the way, you can not do this in the Website Wizard, you have to use the Text Editor (see the above linked page), and every time you Publish after this you have to either exclude the page you've been changing this in, or re-do the change..

Jim

Replying to:

I use that code.. But i get no Image every time i do it on any page it dont work. I made sure to even reload the page and I uploaded the image multiple times.. BUT STIll doesnt work.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Code works just no image showing up?

I did put the tag in but when I do it adds another ad.. Or watevery u wanna call those things at the top of my page.. Like when i put it at the bottom it made another then at top i pasted.. IT MADE 1 thier
So i deleted them bolth to lose the adds.. So im guessing the tag doesnt work on my site 4 some reason...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Code works just no image showing up?

All your text styles and background colors
are set with a separate file named style.css
With the templates thier is css file
involed.

To add background image you need to edit your style.css file and use
the css codes for adding background images.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Code works just no image showing up?

You shouldn't add a Body-tag, you should adjust the existing one. And if you want to have the same background on all pages, editing the CSS file is a better solution.

Jim

Replying to:

I did put the tag in but when I do it adds another ad.. Or watevery u wanna call those things at the top of my page.. Like when i put it at the bottom it made another then at top i pasted.. IT MADE 1 thier
So i deleted them bolth to lose the adds.. So im guessing the tag doesnt work on my site 4 some reason...