This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Will someone please help me???

This is my second time posting this because no one responded before. If someone could please help me out or point me into the direction if something that could I would greatly appreciate it....
Okay...so this is probably pretty simple to most of you but I need some help. I'm using the webpage wizzard because I couldn't get the other to work right. My first question is... when I'm linking a graphic to another page, how do I make the neon blue/purple outline go away? I could do this in AOLPress by clicking an unlink button but I can't figure it out here. My second question is... how do I make a link show up at the bottom of the screen, like when doing a mouseover, without actually linking it? I want to give artists credit for certain graphics but I don't want to have them all linked... I just want the web address to show... do you know what I'm talkin about? If anyone could help me with these two things I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks so much in advance!

Browser: KissMeGreenEyes2,2

Re: Will someone please help me???

The "outline" is a border. Because links have colors, the image is bordered in the link colors. In your image tag, add the attribute border=0 inside the image tag and it will go away

About the "unlinked link", I don't know off hand how to make the mouseover text that appears at the bottom, or if it can even be done if it's not a link. But what you can do is put the alt attribute in your image. This is always a good idea and should be in all of your image tag. What will happen is, when the image is moused over the alt text will appear on the screen.
Example: This is my image

Michelleigh Creations

I just realized when proofing this post, that the alt thing doesn't work in all browsers...probably only IE. But you should still use it. I will try to find a better solution for what you wanted and I'll post back

Re: Re: Will someone please help me???

Add this to the image tag to have the text show in the status bar.
**take the h-y-p-h-e-n-s out of...I had to do that to make it show up.

O-N-M-O-U-S-E-O-V-E-R="window.status='write your text here';return true;" O-N-M-O-U-S-E-O-U-T="window.status='';return true;"

But I think this only works in IE as well...didn't work in my Mozilla.

Alt:

For some reason, Microsoft decided to use the alt attribute as a title attribute.

Just add:
alt="Michelleigh Creations" title="Michelleigh Creations"
and it should work in most browsers.

Michelleigh Creations

Re: Alt:

Works in Opera 7.5, Mozilla Firefox, Netscape 4.7..

Thanks

THANK YOU SOO MUCH! I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post. I'm am a work right now and can't try it yet but I'm going to see what I can do when I get home. Thanks again. If you ever need anything just lemme know and I would be glad to link to your site on my credits page if you would like me to.

Browser: KissMeGreenEyes2,2

Re: Alt:

aahh, good to know Corwings. I'll have to start doing that!

Re: Re: About that Alt thing

Uhh Just were do u put it i have the tag like this

PLZZ help me i dont know were to put that Alt, Like do you mean right INTO the image or in Text editor like I have shown??