This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Counter & Midi Player Position on Web Page

Hello I'm new to all this, well I've been tinkering around with html editors for about 1 year now but I have yet to worked out how to get my counters to the bottom of the page. How do I position my counter and midi player to the bottom of the page? At the moment my midi player is behing my heading text.

Re: Counter & Midi Player Position on Web Page

It's bacause your web editor uses absolute positioning and "div" tags for everything. Then you need to use those for the things you add as well..

I don't know the editor you're using, but you should try to dive into the HTML. If the editor can't do it, open your page in Notepad or so.

Look for the following:

Just before that, add the following:

(you may want to fiddle a little with the "1220px" to position it perfectly for you).

And right before the tag you need a

And that should do the trick.

Jim

Re: Re: Counter & Midi Player Position on Web Page

ahhh.... sweet, thanks JimBb, will try it out tomorrow night .

I'm using Red Dwarf v2 and I just had a quick look and it doesn't have a html edit view but I will use the text editor here at bravenet.com

Re: Re: Re: Counter & Midi Player Position on Web Page

If you normally edit with a PC based tool it is better to use Notepad rather than an on-line editor. That way all your changes will be present in your working copy when you come to do some more editing.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Counter & Midi Player Position on Web Page

Thanks for the tip Peter. I keep all my code separate, I know I like to do things the hard way, and I know where it all goes except for this last hiccup

Re: Re: Counter & Midi Player Position on Web Page

Just wanted to say thank you, your advice helped! My counter was all covered up when I first pasted the html.