Return to Website

Tallulah Message Board

Welcome to the Tallulah Bankhead Message Board! This is a place to post your thoughts and questions about Tallulah - have fun!

Forum: Tallulah Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Tallulah on Television

Sadly, nobody has seen Tallulah's 1968 appearance on The Tonight Show since the night it aired. She sat next to fellow guests John Lennon and Paul McCartney and she encouraged them to discuss their music. Nobody will see it again. NBC reused the color videotape for the following night's Tonight Show. Very few Carson shows from that era survived. The ones that did were saved for American soldiers to watch overseas, and the military evidently chose a few episodes that nobody would care about today. (One surviving show features Carson with Anita Bryant and Anita Gillette.)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Michael, thanks! Actually, she did appear on the Smothers Brothers show in December of 1967. Her last tv appearance was on The Tonight Show in 1968. You are right, though, it is not listed on my "tv" list. I only listed her major appearances, but I guess I need to include that one.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I love this site. It's quite beautifully done and a perfect tribute to Talullah. I've noticed there is a program missing from the Talullah on television section. She appeared on The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour. I thought this was her last acting job. Am I correct.

Micahael M.

Email  
Re: Tallulah on Television - by Phil - Aug 10, 2002 7:50am
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com